Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 07:46 PM   #1  

Height: 5 foot

Default Any Body Tried Jenny Craig?

Hi, Newbie here. Wanted to know if anybody has tried the Jenny craig diets or the food? I wanted others input before I even called there to find out about the cost of food. I think that's the main thing I'm worried about. If it costs too much, I'll just have to stick to the high sodium Healthy Choice Meals!
Old 05-03-2004, 09:03 PM   #2  

Hey there! I tried Jenny Craig 2 summers ago...It actually worked well for a while (lost about 20lbs) but it is very costly...pay for food each week and a registration fee. Some of the food is ok--most was not so great. Look at the prices and see if you can afford it--if you only need to lose about 15-20 lbs-it's worth it, but if you need to lose more, you might get bored with the food. Good luck!
Old 05-21-2004, 10:14 AM   #3  

Hi, I have been on JC for 5 months and have lost 20 pounds. I used to be a faithful Weight Watcher but I just didn't seem to be able to stick with it lately and I put on 30 pounds before I decided to give JC a try. Yes, it is expensive, over $100 a week if you eat their food 7 days a week. However, you are not required to eat only their food if you don't want to. They can teach you the exchange system. Some people do their own breakfasts and then do JC for lunches and dinners. I really like the food and am not tired of it at all. Plus it is so nice not having to worry about what to eat. I would stay on this food for the rest of my life if my husband would let me. Plus I am learning how to make good choices on my own. I can eat in restaurants and make good choices. We went on a 7 day cruise and I only gained 1 pound (which isn't bad since the average cruiser gains 5 pounds). I like having one on one support instead of group meetings. I feel more accountable this way and I know I'm not going to quit.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/170/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi,

I don't know if you've already made your decision, but I've done both Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem. In my opinion, Nutrisystem is much better! The food is better (again, in my opinion) and it's more convienent. You can order all your food on the Nutrisystem web site. Jenny Craig only allows you to order certain shelf stable items. Most of Jenny Craig's meals are frozen, so they won't ship them. You also need a lot of freezer space.

I think JC and NS are similar in price, which seems high, but it's not really so bad when you figure out how much money you spend on food anyway.

Good luck with your decision!
Old 05-21-2004, 10:37 AM   #5  

I haven't tried Nutrisystem, but for me I like attending my Jenny Craig center and meeting with my counselor in person. I know JC also has an online prorgram but I can't really speak to that. It has helped to have that one-on-one relationship with a counselor and the accountability of the weekly weigh in. There is a mix of frozen foods and shelf stable or canned goods, plus you supplement with fruits, vegetables, and dairy from the grocery store. If you have the ability to go to a center in person, I would recommend that as I think you are more likely to stick with it if you develop a relationship with a "live" person.
Closed Thread