Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 11:51 AM   #1  

Smile Newbie Looking for a place to call home

Hi everybody. I'll admit that I've been a "lurker" on the site for some time now ... I've finally decided to jump in and participate!

My name is Grace and I'm 26 years old. In July of 2003, after overcoming some health issues I decided to lose all the excess baggage I've been carrying around ALL my life. At that time I weighed 264 pounds — on a 5'2 frame
I started to watch what I ate (I had no idea that I was overeating so much, I just didn't have any concept of what a serving size was) and exercise. I joined Curves in August of 2003, I go there 3X a week most weeks, and with spring around the corner I've started walking 2x a week. For the past couple of weeks my weight has been bouncing around between 214-218 (grr). I'm not losing the weight as quickly as I'd like but I'm doing my best, and that's got to count for something right? Regardless of how long it takes to reach a healthy weight I know I'm going to get there ... it's all a matter of patience (which I'm short on ).

Anyway, that's my intro. I hope to be able to jump in somewhere soon! Thanks, Grace
Old 04-02-2004, 12:19 PM   #2  
Changing the things I can

Thumbs up

Hi Grace, and welcome!
You're doing great!! And, as always... progress, not perfection! And, SLOW & STEADY WINS THIS RACE....
I wish I was doing all that exercise you are! I've got to start that. I've been doing the healthy eating and water, water, water.... for almost 2 weeks... I started eating healthy for one week, then added drinking lots of water week 2 & now time to add exercise. I have to take baby steps
I'm short too, and there is a shorty board just started under Clubs, I think. I'm new here too, so navigating between the boards is a whole new experience! Plus, there's an Easter Challenge under Miscellaneous Clubs & I joined that. i love the boards for the support, encouragement and accountablility too!!!!
Again, welcome, hope to hear a lot from you!
Stefanie
Old 04-02-2004, 12:25 PM   #3  

hi grace and welcome ive nit long started too what i did was went to all the boards and read them and then read back a bit and found the ones that meant the most to me and then took a big deep breath and jumped in i was made to feel very welcome and made some great freinds and as ive been told you have to start somewher good luck with your weight loss
kirsty
Old 04-02-2004, 12:59 PM   #4  
Legend in my own mind

Welcome Grace, you have come to the right place.
I'm 5' tall, and need to lose weight.
its funny, I never lurk when I find a new forum. I just check to make sure there is a lot of activity and I just jump in.
If I figure out later that I don't belong I just never come back.
but so far, I like it here.
stick around and we can all help eachother.
Closed Thread