3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Hello Everyone (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/38519-hello-everyone.html)

LynneA 03-26-2004 10:12 AM

Hello Everyone

Hi All,

I'm new to the board so thought I would introduce myself.

I'm a 30 yr old housewife, English by birth but now living in Tennessee, USA.

I've been struggling with my weight for the past 5 years, since I stopped smoking. In that time I've also gotten married and become a housewife. My diet and exercise has been terrible the last few years, I'm not going to kid myself of any other reason for my weight gain. It has however got to the point where I need to lose some weight as my self esteem is being affected by how I see myself. I'm 5ft 3in and 207 pounds with a BMI of 37. Not good.

I've tried Atkins in the past as a way to lose weight but found the diet difficult to follow mainly due to the food restrictions. I did lose 20 pounds on Atkins but of course when I came off Atkins I put those pounds right back on.

I found this board by doing a search on "low fat diet support" and to be honest I found very few communities like this.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all and I look forward to seeing more of you on this board.

Partytime 03-26-2004 11:12 AM

Nice to meet you and glad you found this place. I found this site also by searching for diet information. I thought it nice to meet people who are trying to lose weight like I am.
you say your a house wife? so being that you didn't say stay at home mom, I ask, do you have children?
I am married also, and we have two sons, 14 and 17, and I did put on lots of weight when pregnant and have tried really hard to shed the pounds. so I was 180 and got down to 150 and just stayed at that weight a long time.
Now I want to loose a lot more so I am trying really hard to do it, I'm 5' tall so 150 is heavy for me. I work for the DOD and really love my job.
so welcome and hope you stick around...

LynneA 03-26-2004 11:28 AM

Hi Partytime

We don't have kids, it's just me and my husband, so I can't blame pregnancy for my weight gain. It's just been me and my bad diet combined with little or no exercise I am afraid. I think it's awesome that you managed to shift 30 pounds. I'm looking to get down to around 150. 140 is my ideal weight but after the rollercoaster that was Atkins, I want to do it nice and slow. As long as I can shift 1 lb per week, I will be happy.

Partytime 03-26-2004 01:43 PM

yes, one pound a week is great.
adkins isn't good long term.
what I am doing is cutting back on carbs but use only whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat tortillas, brown rice, and in small amounts.
I love potatos but have cut way way back on them until I loose more weight.
I eat lots of fresh veggies and fruits and quit making gravy.
I got a grill, like the george forman but a different brand and cook chicken and fish and steak and all that in the grill.