3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Exercise Buddy wanted - 15-20 pounds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/38470-exercise-buddy-wanted-15-20-pounds.html)

kittykitkat1971 03-25-2004 11:19 AM

Exercise Buddy wanted - 15-20 pounds

Hi there.

I am new here and would love to buddy up with someone to help me. I am 32 years old, "retired" due to health issues, and essentially don't move around enough. I am not bed-ridden, but since I am not working anymore, I am not using as many calories as I used to, when I was running around all over the place.

I would like to lose 15-20 pounds. 10 of it I had gained in the hospital just sitting around for 2 weeks. The other weight is purely cosmetic.

I have some health issues so I cannot do any crazy diets, but the doctor said I can lose this weight if I do it the "right way". What i need help with is exercising. I can handle the food issues, but I really need some help staying motivated to exercise.

I do pilates and walk on the treadmill and sometimes, weights on my lower body. I know that as long as I keep myself moving, I can lose and maintain the weight.

If you are interested in pairing up, please reply to this message.

Thanks!
Kitty

Partytime 03-26-2004 11:27 AM

Hi Kitty, I was thinking that maybe it would be cool if you could get into the water aerobics. Its a really great way to exercise and its easier on your body.
I think maybe it would be great if you found a pool in your area that offers classes.
Anyway its nice to meet you..

caligurl 03-27-2004 04:16 PM

I am sort of in the same boat as you, before I had a below the knee amputation, I was around 200 pounds, after I had the surgery I dropped 50 pounds from being able to finally walk, so I walked and walked, but want to lose 20 pounds now to feel more comfy. Thing is, my walking abilities have decreased since the surgery, I do work full time, and have made small changes such as I no longer drink sodas, or use regular sugar (switched to splenda) Anyways I would love to pair up with you or someone else, it would even be great to get some tips on exercising with a disability

Cali

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittykitkat1971
Hi there.

I am new here and would love to buddy up with someone to help me. I am 32 years old, "retired" due to health issues, and essentially don't move around enough. I am not bed-ridden, but since I am not working anymore, I am not using as many calories as I used to, when I was running around all over the place.

I would like to lose 15-20 pounds. 10 of it I had gained in the hospital just sitting around for 2 weeks. The other weight is purely cosmetic.

I have some health issues so I cannot do any crazy diets, but the doctor said I can lose this weight if I do it the "right way". What i need help with is exercising. I can handle the food issues, but I really need some help staying motivated to exercise.

I do pilates and walk on the treadmill and sometimes, weights on my lower body. I know that as long as I keep myself moving, I can lose and maintain the weight.

If you are interested in pairing up, please reply to this message.

Thanks!
Kitty