Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 10:13 PM   #1  

Smile New Here Need Support/Buddy

Hi everyone. I am new to this site and would very much like a weight loss buddy or support from other women fighting the same battle. I am using the Dr. Phil Seven Keys along with some of my own methods. Please email me or chat with me. It's so hard doing this alone. My husband is great but he is thin and doesn't understand how hard this is. He just thinks I need to lose the weight.
Thanks to all, Bobbie
CW: 198
GW: 120
Old 03-22-2004, 06:54 AM   #2  

Hey Bobbie,
I'll be your buddy! I'm new here too and thought I had a buddy but she only posted once, I think buddying up is a great way to be accountable! When did you start your weight loss program? Are you excercising? I do Walk Away the Pounds and walk or run outside alot, I also do weights at the gym sometimes when I go w/ my friend, it's her membership I started the South Beach diet 4 days ago and my pants are already looser, you're supposed to lose 8 - 14 lbs. the first 2 weeks, that's what I'm hoping for! Then the weight loss slows down after that but you keep it off if you stick w/ it. I walked 6 miles today to the beach and back, I like doing that b/c I go w/ my friend and we talk the whole time so it goes by fast! Well it's nice meeting you and I hope to get to know you better soon !

Many blessings,
Wendy

5'8"
169/164/140
Old 03-22-2004, 06:53 PM   #3  

Hi Wendy, thanks for the post. I would love for you to be my buddy. My email address is [email protected]. I starting my program 4 weeks ago. I have only lost 7 pounds because the last 2 weeks I have ate too many bad things. I am walking 2-4 miles 4 to 5 times a week with my neighbor. Hopefully this week we are going to start doing some gym exercises so I can tone as I go. I am wanting to get the WATP Dvd's also to do during the day since I was layed off from my job in January. I don't plan on going back to work for a while so I have the time. It was great talking to you I hope to talk to you again soon.
Bobbie

5'3"
200/193/120
Old 03-22-2004, 10:18 PM   #4  

Hi silkenweb got your message. I would love to be your buddy. I know I can use all the help and encouragement I can get. Sounds like you are off to a great start. Good for you and keep up the good work. My email is [email protected] if you would like to chat that way also. Hope to hear from you soon.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:39 PM   #5  
Legend in my own mind

Hi and glad to help anyone as they help me, sure help to have people to talk to.
that Dr. Phil, I don't have the books but have watched his weight loss shows, actually, I record them when at work, and I like his approach and really its the group support that is the key. but its really just healthy eating not fad eating that works.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:08 PM   #6  

Hi partytime, I agree with you. I really like Dr. Phil. His book is not a diet it's about lifestyle changes inside and outside. Keep up the good work.
Bobbie
Closed Thread