Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 12:08 AM   #1  

Default Hi! Looking for buddy w/ similar stats and homelife...

Hey There!
I am looking for someone who would like to buddy up w/ me and be accountable to eachother. I am 5'8" and need to lose 30 lbs., I am excercising about 3 - 4 days a week at the moment but am eating too many sweets and not enough protein and healthy food. Oh and I am a married stay at home mom of 3 kids, B - 11, G - 9, B - 7 living in Australia at the moment, just another adventure in the life of our family! Please if your out there let me know if you would like to chat .

God bless,
Wendy
Old 03-14-2004, 11:54 AM   #2  

I would love to buddy up with you! I am 38, married with four boys (ages 16, 15, 13 and 11). I work outside of the home and am currently going to school, so things are pretty hectic for me, but I'd love to have someone to check in with every now and then. I want to lose about 40 pounds. What diet method are you using? I'm semi-doing Atkins (have not gotten serious about it, just tried to cut back on carbs). I work out at home about 3-4 times a week.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:21 PM   #3  

Hi Teece,

I'm glad I found a buddy You sound like a very busy mom! My hairdresser back home in BC has 4 boys whom she homeschools and does hair at her house f/t, I don't know how you girls do it! What are you taking in school? My diet method will cut out sugar and white flour, the sugar is what kills me, I have such a sweet tooth. Good luck w/ Atkins, I've never done that one, let me know how it goes for you! It sounds like you are getting in enough excercise which is key to losing weight. I am going to walk for an hr. at the beach today but I won't be able to do any the next 2 days b/c I am going to a women's conference at our church, I will eat healthy though

Wendy

CW: 169
GW: 140
Old 03-15-2004, 05:18 AM   #4  

Hi Wendy

I just replied to your ? re: Sureslim in the other thread.

I'm in Melb with 3 kids, a 6 yo, 4 yo, 2 yo.

I notice you've got about the same goals as myself, so if you wanna chat anytime just let me know.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:41 PM   #5  

** barge**

Hi Teece,

I also live in the Burg, VA!
Old 03-16-2004, 06:56 PM   #6  

Hi Julie!
I just got back from a church conference and just read your message here, I haven't read your other one yet but I will after this post. You are making awesome progress w/ Sureslim, good on ya! I would love to chat anytime How tall are you?

Wendy

CW: 169 lbs.
GW: 140 (at least)
Old 03-17-2004, 06:32 AM   #7  

Hi Wendy

I'm 162 cms or 5.4 1/2 ft.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:29 AM   #8  

Good morning, how are yall today. I wanted to say that i am a new to this web site and i am looking forward into helping out. need all the support possible just as many of you do.
cw:166
gw:120-130
height:5'2"
Old 03-17-2004, 07:17 PM   #9  

Hi Piel2000,
Welcome to the board, I am new too! Cute picture of you 2! So tell us more about you, what are your goals and things? I'm trying to figure out what program I want to do, South Beach, Sureslim, Get With the program, there are so many and I can't seem to get the eating part right on my own. I am excercising at least!

Many Blessings,
Wendy

Ht: 5'8"
CW 169
GW 140 at least!
Old 03-17-2004, 07:18 PM   #10  

Hey Julie!
I think I'm going to a Sureslim intro. today and see if it's something that will work for me!

Wendy

Ht: 5'8"
CW 169
GW 140 at least!
Old 03-20-2004, 05:14 AM   #11  

Hi Wendy

Did you end up going to Sureslim?

Let me know what you thought if you did!
Old 03-20-2004, 06:35 PM   #12  

Hi Julie,

I have an appt. to go to a presentation tomorrow (Mon.) but I'm going to cancel b/c I went out and bought the South Beach Diet book and am now on my 3rd day, it seems to be working already, I don't have a scale but I can tell I've lost a few lbs. and my clothes are looser, it's alot cheaper than Sureslim so if I can do it this way I'll be happy, it's actually quite easy!

How much have you lost?

Wendy

CW: was 160, I've lost a few but have no scale!
GW: 140 at least
Old 03-22-2004, 05:32 AM   #13  

Hi Wendy

That's a great plan, I picked up that book at the store the other day and it looked interesting, and lurking on the beach forum they girls in there are romping it in.

Whatever works for you! I just need a swift kick up the you know where each week so Sureslim is better for me.

I don't weigh in till Wednesday, but it looks like I've got to change that to Friday as a builder is coming over to go through some plans and measure up for our new pool and he can only make Wednesday morning. Anyways, I've been pretty good, my scales are showing at least a 0.5 kg loss at least this week, anymore than that is a bonus

Take care and check-in when you have your first mega weight loss update this week!
Closed Thread