3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Hello Everybody (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/36236-hello-everybody.html)

RiverWoman 02-04-2004 03:00 PM

Hello Everybody

Hello everybody, I am new to the site. My name is Connie. Three years ago I quit my factory job and started to attend college. Well, I have gained forty pounds since then, and I wanted to lose a few pounds even back before I quit my job. :mad: I would really like to get back to
my pre-marriage weight of 150 pounds. That would mean losing 65 pounds. That is sort of a long-range goal for me. I plan to have some short range
goals, too.

I plan to use the gym on campus, and I also want to develop healthier eating habits. I have tried to lose weight before, and I have trouble sticking with it. I do feel determined, but I believe that my chances of succeding would be better if I had some support, so that's why I came to this site. I hope to get some support and company here while I am trying to lose, especially for the first few weeks of this latest attempt. What do diet buddies do?

Connie

3mom 02-04-2004 06:47 PM

Hi Connie and welcome! Everyone here loses weight differently here - that is what is so great about visiting here - I do the weight watchers on my own and then read thru journals and message boards to get ideas to help me along - the support here is wonderful. Have you decided on a certain plan yet or are you making up your own. I lost 88 pounds in one year about 3 years ago and of course due to stress I gained it all back - I have been at it again for 4 weeks and have lost 19 pounds - I am being very strict with exercise and food points because it is the only way I can do this and lose weight! Hope you have a good day! Take Care KIM

RiverWoman 02-04-2004 08:17 PM

Wow, that is so great that you have lost that weight, the first time, and now! Go, Kim! :cheer:

I would say that my eating plan will be a do whatever works, eclectic sort of a plan. I mainly want to cut calories and change my eating behavior. Exercise is important to me too. I seem to eat more wisely when I have been getting some exercise. I may do a journal here, too. That may motivate me.

I have heard good things about the program you are on. l might incorporate some of their stuff into my diet eventually. Their recipes look great.

The closest thing that I have ever done to an organized plan is exchanges. It was when I was 18. I went into the hospital for some tests (nothing serious) and I told them I wanted to lose a few pounds. They had a nutritionist come and show me how to do exchanges. I lost weight, but I got tired of doing the exhanges and quit. I don't even remember how to do them now.

I say that an organized plan wouldn't work for me, but if I don't seem to be making any progress in a few months, I may try weight watchers or something again. Maybe a little structure would do me some good.

It does seem like a great place here :)

connie

3mom 02-05-2004 05:43 AM

I don't really care for Atkin;s, etc. because I am used to eating what I want and putting restrictions on myself like that is difficult and for me I do not have the time to really do stuff like that - with weight watchers (just the ads say) you can eat what you want just count it. Keeping a handwritten journal helps me also because it is right there in front of me like a real person! LOL Also ww fits my lifestyle and I do not have to do any special grocery shopping unless I want to. Have a good day! Kim

dinamichele 02-05-2004 05:22 PM

Congratulations, Connie, on your decision to lose the weight. I am also new to the site and trying to lose 30-40 pounds. I haven't decided on a plan, I'm just starting to count calories and exercise. Good luck and have a great day!
Dina

RiverWoman 02-05-2004 08:51 PM

Hello, welcome to the site. Thank you. I am so determined this time!

Good luck to you too.

Connie

DewCan 02-08-2004 12:49 AM

Hi Connie, Kim and Dina,

way to go Connie on this decision you have made. I hope that you all find the motivation you are hoping to find. Support is key :coach: I'm like you Connie, I also have 65 pounds to lose and I think exercise is very important. I bike 30 min daily and do aerobics 3 times a week. I'm also doing WW like you Kim. If I stick to it I do well. But like anything else sometimes I go off track. But I stick to this one the best though. It is flexible, and that's what I need for weekends. If you want ot be on a plan and you don't know which one, on this sites home page there is a webpage that describes all the popular plans. I thought it was interesting. Well, best of luck to you all, and way to go Kim on the weight loss, keep it up ;)