Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 03:16 PM   #1  

Arrow Hi, newbie here!

Hi everyone! I am so excited that someone gave me the link to this wonderful site! I am so engrossed in looking over the threads, motivation, recipes and everything. So sorry to hear that the past week has not been too fun for you Admin, but happy to see that you are getting back up on your feet!

I have resolved to make this the year that I am truly going to do something about my weight and fitness. I have a goal set in mind that I would like to be able to go to horseback riding camp with my daughter this summer. I am currently around 260, and would like to have a goal of 200 by mid June. Realistic goal? I am really not sure what would be realistic I am not one for different diets, and I am not one for pills either. I just want to start making healthier choices, exercise more and keep on track. I am down to maybe one soft drink a day (used to drink about 3) and water has become my friend again!
I am also going to start moving more. I would like to walk once a day for 30- minutes to get my heart pumping.

I am a mommy to 2 beautiful girls, ages 3 and 6. They are like their daddy and love me just like I am, but I need to do this for myself. I run an at home daycare center and have on average 6 children here a day. So I am continually around my own food, so need to have better choices around.

Do not want to overstay my first post, so will sign off but cannot wait to find out more about everyone else!

260/260/200 (first goal!)/175 final goal
Old 01-09-2004, 07:53 AM   #2  
Laugh often

S/C/G: 227/225.1/140

Height: 5'4 /163 cm

Hi Jolee,

Welcome!

I used to run my own home daycare and I know what your are talking about.

I don't have a lot of time right now, but I will write more later....

And again welcome to this wonderful site.

Llalle
Old 01-09-2004, 04:04 PM   #3  

I am very proud of myself, I have been avoiding the snack pitfalls from the daycare and the big lunches. That was the hardest part, lunch, because if there was a little bit left over of whatever I felt like i needed to eat it....waste not want not! Now I am trying to get myself to freeze it for another meal...that prevents it from sitting in the fridge staring at me!

So nice to meet you Llalle!
Old 01-13-2004, 09:02 AM   #4  
Laugh often

S/C/G: 227/225.1/140

Height: 5'4 /163 cm

Jolee95 I am having a bit of a hard time with this site.... some features don't work.... if you want to you can email me [email protected]

LLalle
Closed Thread