Hello again

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • :go:

Buddies needed! I had logged on before but my threads were lost when the site crashed. Anyone who buddied me: please contact again

Cheers

Madcow
  • hello
    My name is Jennie. I am 5'2" and weigh 229 pounds. I would like to get down to 130 to 135. Somewhere in there. I have lost 11 pounds since early Dec, and I definately need to get on a buddy list! I went ahead and subscribed to this thread, so this is where I'll look for you again!
  • Hi Sarah!

Yeah, I saw your posts had disappeared. Hope you are doing well.

Jeni
  • Hi Jennie. How are you? I am well and still full of enthusiasm for my quest to get fit and slim. I must admit talking to people who share the same problems is great and is really helping to keep me on the straight and narrows. How are you loosing weight? Are you following a specific plan or just being sensible? I have not made a target yet as it seems to far away. Am doing half a stone at a time and have lost 3lb so am on my way to my first target. Hope to hear from you soon
    Madcow
  • Hello Madcow! Congarats on your 3 lb loss! I am following the South Beach Diet and so far have lost 4 lbs on it. I did it once before, but I didn't even last 2 days because family came into town and I lost my resolve completely, but I have to do better this time! My husband and I just lost a baby a couple of weeks ago and we had been trying for so long to get pregnant, so I figure maybe if I lose some weight it will help my fertililty. We'll see.Talk to you later. Oh and what's the equivalent of a stone in pounds? I hear that term bounced around alot, but I'm not quite sure how much weight it refers to.
  • I need buddies, too.
    Hi all,

I am also new and the posts I wrote were also lost in the crash. I am 5' 1" and I want to lose 40 lbs. At my height every pound looks like 5. LOL. I have been trying to be aware of what is going in my mouth since the 1st. It's amazing how I can eat without even thinking about it. I am trying to do some kind of exercise each day (semi-successfully) and trying my best to go snack after dinner. When I get tired at night but I have work to do I get ravenous. I am also trying to drink enough water every day. I have lost 3 lbs. so far so I am encouraged but need support to carry on. I am in a Master's program and start back to class on Saturday. Yuck! This is my last semester, thank goodness, so I've just got to get through it. Working full-time and going staying up late studying and reading get me to that ravenous place I mentioned above. Help me keep on track!

Anne
  • Welcome Peachyanne, Here's some motivation for you: "Graduation pictures last forevor." You can do it. Steer clear of temptation as much as you can. At the grocery usually around the chips aisles they have little individual servings of nuts, all different kinds. Buy some of those and throw 1 in your purse everyday so when cravings hit you don't head to the vending machines and buy chips or candy! Boy have I been there! Also, on phase 1 you can have 75 calories of sugary treats a day. In the grocery they have mini Atkins candy bars(they are about 3-4 bites). I buy those they're 120 calories so I save mine up and every other day (If I feel I need a candy bar) I eat one. So far in 5 days I've lost 4 lbs so I don't think saving those calories up for the next day hurts. Good Luck!
  • Quote: My name is Jennie. I am 5'2" and weigh 229 pounds. I would like to get down to 130 to 135. Somewhere in there. I have lost 11 pounds since early Dec, and I definately need to get on a buddy list! I went ahead and subscribed to this thread, so this is where I'll look for you again!

Jennie- I'm like you.. 5'5 228lbs, needing to lose a whole bunch. I've got a large frame so I'd be happy to lose to about 160 or so... I've set my mind to it and I'm going to do it. It's nice to be able to say that and mean it. I've found the hardest thing to do is say I'm going to do it and actually follow through. This time is different for some reason. Maybe because now I have a 10 month old little boy who I want to grow up healthy and strong... I guess I'm doing it for him. Keep in touch!
  • Hi Ladies,
    how are you doing, Madcow we know each other from your thread before the big crash.

How are you all doing? I just wrote this big reply to all of you and then it would not post it and now it is gone, well, this happens once in a while to me and I am a bit mad about it, so I started this yahoo group a week ago and I am inviting all of you to join it. (just copy and paste the link in your browser and click ok, it will take you to the sign up site http://health.*************.com/group...GirlsClub/join )

Anyway, a bit about myself, I am 32, married, three children, german, married to an American, living in Italy (military) I started the new year with 212 lb and I am down to 208, so that's a good start. I did not want to use the scale this time, but just go by the way my clothes fit, but that just takes to long, I need quicker confirmation, that what I am doing is working. So my first goal is still to get from my size 16 jeans in a size 14, I would love to go all the way to a size 7, but I am not looking that far ahead.

I hope to see you in the yahoo group again

Claudia aka Llalle
  • I've thought about the clothes issue... A lot of the clothes I have are big in some areas (legs and such) and tighter in others... My goal is to get to a size 12 or so... I'm now in a 20 - some things I wear an 18- So together with watching the scale and clothes.. I think I'll strike a happy medium.

LLale: How old are your children? I have a 10 month old.. he is the apple of my eye.. except we were up all night last night with teething problems.. he's cutting his first top tooth.. and I think its hurting him more than his bottom ones... so we now have 2 1/2 teeth! Anyway, good luck - you sound like your goals are very attainable!
  • Hey Paragoddess,
    my children are 9, 6 and 2, two boys and then a girl. Now that you mention it........ remember all those sleepless nights.... i must say i don't miss them.....

When my oldest son was that age, my hubby had to go for 4 month to another country (he is military) anyway, I remember I was soooo bored all day long so I would go in the morning and in the afternoon for walks. I did not like to cook just for me, and I never went and ate out and by the time he came home I went from a size 12 to a size 7 (really tight but i fit into a size 7) now that was 8 years ago, I still remember how easy it was back then.... I hope that it will be easy this time too.

Catch you later
    Claudia
  • Welcome Paragoddess and Llalle.
    Paragoddess, I think it's great that you're trying to lose weight to be a good role model for your son. It saddens me when I see really overweight parents with small really overweight children. You know when that happens that the parents don't know how to cook/excersize healthily. I just had my first pregnancy in many years of trying, but unfortunately, I lost the baby a month after I found out. So I am on a quest to lose weight to help my fertility and so that when I do get pregnant, there will be less complications. You live in Alabama huh, that's cool. My hubby's g'pa lives in Mobile. My Lord, can that man make some good fried fish and jambalaya. Mmm Mmm Mmm

Hi Llalle, A military wife huh. I think that would be cool to get to live all over the place. My mom and 2 uncles got to move all over the place with my grandparents(my grandpa was USAF), and they all say that they wouldn't trade the experience for anything. My hubby was an air force brat too. His dads stations took him to live everywhere including Sousterberg (sp?), Holland (I guess it's Netherlands now). He wants us to end up there eventually. He feels like it's home since he spent his junior high/early high school years there. I was in Pisa in '95. When I was there tourists weren't allowed in the tower. Are they now?

Hey Peachyanne, hang in there.

And Madcow, where are you? You are our threadstarter, we miss you!

We can do it ladies. There is no time like the present.
  • Hi Jennie527,
    Congrats on your weightloss so far!

Most of the time I really enjoy being a military wife, but it has it's drawbacks.... in July my hubby has to go to Korea for a year alone.... but overall, it is fun and you get to see so many things and meet so many different people and another plus is the schools our kids go to. Everybody gets along with each other.... no only white kids club, only mexicans or only black kids. We are all in the same boat and all hang out together. I really like it and my children grow up without really noticing that some people look different than others. We/they are all the same.

Sousterberg is closed by now, everybody loved it though.... I have relatives close to it and one of the ladies here is from there. She met her husband a long time ago there. I love Holland.... spend many summers there.

I live about 10 minutes with the car from the leaning tower in pisa, yes you can go back up on the tower but they charge you 15 Euro for it (almost 20 bucks) and children unter 12 are not allowed to go up. During the summer month there is a long wait for people to get up there since they only let a few people at a time go up.

BTW, I had miscarriage before I got pregnat with my first and another before I got pregnat with my second. Very devistating, but I learned a lot because of it too. You are right, get your weight under control and live a healthy life and everything will work out fine. Also if you change you life to a healtier life style you will reach your goal (or at least you will find a comfortable weight close to your goal weight.) Just stick to your plan and learn from your mistakes. And adjust your plans as you learn more about yourself.

Have a good one
    Claudia aka/Llalle
  • hello ladies, i hope you don't mind if i join this thread. i do have just joined and think this sight is great. i have been on this most recent weight loss journey since nov. 2003 and have lost 22lbs. i have always been overweight, but am determined that is about to change. i have overweight teenage daughters who are joining me on this journey but i need all the support i can get. hope to hear from some of you who would like to buddy up.
  • Hi chequitagirl,
    Welcome, congrats on the 22 lbs!!!! and the desicion to change your life (and the life of your daughters) for the better.
    Together we can all do this....

Llalle aka Claudia