Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-19-2023, 01:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228.2/227.3

Height: 5’4”

Exclamation New to the group

Hi, I’m Brittany! I decided to try and find an online support group for weight loss because I have recently been struggling with continuing my weight loss and I have been packing on the pounds like crazy. Honestly until today I was too scared to even weigh myself since about early April and I was stunned to see how much weight I had put on. To back up a little, I started to become concerned about my weight gain due to my clothes getting tighter and tighter to the point of only a few things “fitting”. And I go to a pain doctor once a month and she has a weight loss practice now as well and has been trying to get me to talk to her about it but I have refused up until now. Me being forced to get on the scale finally has been a huge wake up call that I have got to get my weight under control. I have literally put on 70lbs since April and 90lbs total for the year. That is just mind blowing and I just need help in that I just need people to talk to about it and to check in with me to make sure I am weighing myself every week at least to keep me accountable. I do not need advice because I know what to do, I just need the accountability and friendship with people who are struggling too and know how it feels. Thank you!
QueenBiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 07:34 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome, most of us are in similar situations find a group you identify with and just start posting, tell us about yourself.
Gone Astray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 01:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 228.2/227.3

Height: 5’4”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Astray View Post
Welcome, most of us are in similar situations find a group you identify with and just start posting, tell us about yourself.
That is why I wanted to find a group to talk to about this. Im Brittany and I am 30 years old. I weigh 285lbs now.
QueenBiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 01:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/206/190

Height: 5'9"

Hi Brittany!
I think joining a forum or a chat or blog, whatever, is a great idea. I wish there were more people on here but maybe it will pick up again. It's been 5 years since I was here, but I really need to lose weight also. I need to have surgery and I don't want to go into it being unhealthy.

I am doing intermittent fasting because my son thinks it's healthy and he lost 20 lb doing it, although he can work out and I can't. My knee is really bad but I'm still going to try to use my stationary bike to keep some semblance of stamina, LOL. I have been doing low carb but my husband who can eat anything and never gain a pound, inadvertently misses me up sometimes. I need to plan better and stick to what I know is good

I came back here accidentally! I was cleaning up bookmarks and was shocked at how many diets are no longer there like Kirstie Alley and pink and the five Factor diet. I liked cheap to lose and that's still a website but I also found a PDF of the seven day rescue plan which seems to be low carb but also low fat so I'm trying that. I will say that one of the things that I liked about low carb and keto is that I could eat chocolate and I could eat as much as I wanted. I'm sick of counting calories or points and I lost 20 lb in 2018 for my son's wedding, doing low carb. I tried not to let the fat get out of hand like eating too much butter or fatty Meats. And I also tried to limit sugar. I like Truvia. Anyway I gained those 20 lb back during pandemic so now this is where I am. Sorry to write a book!
keikoasmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
massive weight gain