Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-13-2019, 11:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 234.8/234.4/180

Height: 5'7.5"

Default new to 3FC - just turned 39, gonna crush prediabetes and get fit by 50

Hello all,

My name is Cecilia Joy, and I'm new to 3FC. I just turned 39, and at my June physical was told by my doctor that I am prediabetic. (In fact, I was just denied health insurance because I have been prescribed metformin in the past - grr, health insurance companies!) I am motivated to get fit by 40 through exercise and lower carb eating. I have lost weight in the past (and gained it back) so I know what I need to do, and am here to give and receive support in doing it. I'll be moving back to Chicago for the academic year at the end of the week, and have already up for the YMCA in my neighborhood, so envision swimming laps, doing group fitness classes, etc there.

My first goal is to lose ten pounds, which I hope to do by a friend's wedding in mid-October. My second goal is to lose another ten by Christmas. That would put me at close to 10% of total weight lost, which I know is very beneficial for health. I've put my final goal at 180, which is just below my lowest adult weight, but to be honest, for now I am just looking to get below 200 and fit into some of the clothes that have been relegated to the "when I lose weight" pile.

I look forward to getting to know some of y'all. If there are forums here specifically for people looking to do lower carb (and I don't mean extreme, keto no carb, but just moderate to low) or otherwise working with a prediabetes diagnosis, please point me that direction. Glad to be here and I look forward to sharing the journey!
Cecilia_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:24 AM   #2  

thnx
ymarmouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:16 AM   #3  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Height: 5'6"

Hi Cecelia, welcome! I think diabetes is the scariest disease since it is so insidious and causes so much damage to multiple organ systems. I've always said it was probably the one diagnosis that could make me actually lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle. So congratulations on taking control before any damage is done. Sounds like you've got a good plan in place.
etherbunny is offline   Reply With Quote