Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-18-2019, 10:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/ 147/ 128

Height: 5'4"

Default Aloha!

Aloha and hello all!

To be honest, I have never been on 3FC site or forum before, but I am looking for a positive community and support with the physical and mental health changes I have been working on for the last couple of months. I have a long history of being overweight from being a little kid through college, when I struggled with an eating disorder, lost a lot of weight in very unhealthy ways, then got into recovery and gained it all back.

For many years after that I did not feel "safe" to focus on my weight, eating habits, and exercise because it was triggering for me, but over the last several months I have been doing a lot of mental work and now I'm ready to work on my physical health.

As for my day to day life, I work more than full time (about 50-60 hours/week) on the graveyard shift, and I live with my boyfriend of 11 years and my Golden Retriever in Honolulu. I have recently gotten back into yoga which I love, and started on a meal alternative called Huel which has helped TREMENDOUSLY with my ability to work with a calorie deficit without the triggering struggle of feeling hungry and desperate all the time (I don't sell it or anything--so hopefully its ok to talk about here??). I have also just finally worked up the courage to go to my first beginner's class at CrossFit, which I have wanted to do for many years, but was always too self-conscious to try.

My goal is to get to the center of my healthy BMI range for my height and to increase my strength and endurance so I can be better at the things I like to do (hiking, backpacking, etc), and I have a concrete goal of trekking the Inca Trail for 5 days to Machu Picchu in Peru in September!! I want to be healthy and strong and do it in the RIGHT way so I can maintain when I reach my goal weight.

Since it is my first day, I am too sure how to use the forum appropriately, as I was hoping to start a diet/progress blog/diary, but it seems that blogs are no longer available? Please let me know if there is an appropriate place for that type of thread here! I would also like to know if you all have suggestions of the best forums here for me to participate based on my background and goals.

Mahalos!
myleanbaby is offline   Reply With Quote