Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-24-2018, 10:28 AM   #1  

Default Hi, I'm NEW! Depressed about food.

I am always thinking about how I used to eat. Things are better but I think I cheat at least once every day! Whether it's sugar or carbs. I don't feel full without carbs and I don't feel like myself without sugar. Starting phase 1 of South Beach next week and I am feeling positive but also worried that I will cheat, so I am joining your community in an attempt to feel more in control and accountable. I knew a lifestyle change would be difficult but I want to succeed this time!
Blurrdline333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 01:14 AM   #2  
mjf

If you're hungry, try eating foods which are filling, so you'll be less likely to overeat. Foods which are high in fiber or protein tend to be filling, for example vegetables, fruits, beans, eggs, fish, and quinoa.

Sugar is one of the least filling foods, so it'll make you more likely to overeat. It sounds like you're addicted to sugar, but the good news is that it's not permanent. If you force yourself to give up sugar, the cravings will lessen within 2 weeks. If you find it too difficult to give up sugar, try decreasing it gradually. Eating more than 25g added sugar per day is a significant health risk, and the less added sugar you eat the better. If you want to eat something sweet, maybe you can replace the sweets with fresh fruit.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:45 PM   #3  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Hello! My advice would be to either buckle up and commit, or try a less extreme diet.

Losing a lot of weight fast is really hard! You need to be 100% committed and focused in order to do it. If that is too much for you right now that is just fine though! You could try to lose 1-2 lbs a month. It's effective as long as you stick with it long term. That way you can have your carbs and sugar.
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bread, carbs, cheese, fries, sugar