Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160.8/146.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Default Help! I don’t want to fall off the wagon!

Hello everyone – I’m joining the forum in an attempt to stay on the wagon, as it were. For my whole adult life my weight has bounced around, with highs of 180 (non-pregnant weight) and 212 (pregnant weight) to the low of 124 (in early college). So, needless to say, my body’s been through the wringer.

Long story short: I’m a single mom, early 30s, and I work full time at a desk job. Also, I’m not a morning person, so waking up early to exercise before work is NOT going to happen. I’ve tried, it’s not for me. By the time I get home in the evening and get my kiddo to bed, I’m often so exhausted from just making it through the day that I find myself vegging out on the couch rather than getting on the treadmill, or preparing a healthy meal (despite the fact that I enjoy cooking and eating whole foods). It’s no excuse, but it is a struggle as my time for myself is limited.

Anyway, I jumped back on the weight loss wagon this January in an attempt to be healthier and feel better about my body.

I’ve been counting my calories (tried and true, at least for me) with the help from my handy dandy kitchen scale and logging them regularly in my planner. So far this year I’ve lost about 14 pounds but it’s a bit discouraging because I don’t notice much of a difference and I still have a long way to go.

Typically I set a weekly goal for myself, but lately I haven’t had the oomph to stick with it. I’m hoping that by being part of a community it will help keep me accountable when I feel myself start to fall back into hold habits.

So that’s that. Cheers!
chakra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome! If you have a sewing tapemeasure - measure yourself bust/waist/hips. I try to once a month and when the scale doesn’t seem to move downward and I get discouraged I measure in the morning and find that indeed I’ve lost some inches - which then gives me more reason to keep trying.

Good luck and pop in where you feel you fit!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote