Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-09-2018, 05:17 PM   #1  

Default Hello from Montreal!

Hi everyone,

I'm 30, living in Montreal, and it's my second time on this forum. The first time was many years ago, but I don't remember the username nor have any of the old emails to see if an account would be associated with it and find my old profile.

My first time here I was 23-24, and I went from 200-something lbs to ~140. After just under 2 years in my new city and many difficulties that came my way, plus the laziness associated with a rather cold winter (coming from a 'warm' city in the west coast, I'm not used to it) helped my weight shoot up to ~190 lbs. I don't know my current weight, I got scared to check after a while.

I'm currently dealing with some mental health issues that, although not the sole cause, have contributed to my weight gain. In addition to that, I also injured myself (hip, knee, foot) pretty bad so no exercise for me for a while. I'm mostly recovered now, a number of months later. I hope to go back to a more normal/balanced life soon.

Last edited by montrealgal; 03-09-2018 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Add lbs to the numbers
montrealgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:45 PM   #2  
Maggie

S/C/G: 215/154.2/~111 or so

Height: 5'5"

Hello and welcome!

Sounds like you have quite a bit going on in your life, but that you've realized you've got to make some changes even so. That's a good start for sure! And if you went from 200 to 140, you know how to do this. It's just a matter of application, right?

I too gained a lot of weight in part due to (new) mental health issues, as well as some (also new) physical issues. I couldn't exercise for a while because of an injury either, and I still can't do anything high impact. It didn't stop me from getting to 155 (so far) from 215, but it certainly didn't make it easier. This information won't solve anything, but sometimes it's nice to know that others are going through sort of similar things. I know with changes like yours I tend to feel like it's only me, when that's not true.

Here's hoping that you're back to your more normal work and life balance!
Chanticleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:25 AM   #3  

Hi montreal gal,

I hope your knee gets better soon,

At least you seem to be in the right mindset and that is the most important thing

Winter is over soon and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy some outside activities and get back to a regular life
lowcarb18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:26 PM   #4  

Thank you, both.
montrealgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/172/162

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello Montreal! I am in Alberta. I just found this forum. So, "hello" to you and I'm going to check some of the threads out.
Beeps2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:54 PM   #6  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello montrealgal! I'm about 96 miles (154 km) from you, in Vermont

Wow your first weight loss accomplishment was incredible! I hope you can find help with the mental health issues, and balance with your life, and very glad your injuries are mended .
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:35 AM   #7  

Welcome! Great results!
DorotheaW is offline   Reply With Quote