Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-22-2018, 02:02 PM   #1  

Default Hello - I NEED HELP!

Hello Everyone!

my name is Grace and I've been battling with my weight for years now. Am over 40years old now which makes it even harder to lose the weight. I have 4 children and my youngest is 5years. I got introduced to the ideal Protein diet but by the time it got the cost of the program I knew that I won't be able to afford. I currently weigh 238lbs and am only 5 5 " tall. Am also fighting fatty liver disease which I know can go away once I lose the weight. Any help from you all will be greatly appreciated. I'm tired of the weight struggle.
GraceeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

For the first time since I had my second child in 1985 I am honestly losing the weight, having gone from 265 to 194 with more to go. This was in 6 months. I am doing bright line eating which has no sugar, no flour. There are many doing this who are parents and have to adapt for their kids but they are teaching their children better nutrition in the meanwhile.

Sounds like a major sacrifice but once I adjusted I honestly don't miss what I am giving up and enjoying greatly what I am eating which is very healthy. BP has dropped, Off of cholesterol medicines, feel much better. Eating 20 oz of healthy veggies a day.

With virtually no processed foods, no fast food, limited eating out my food bill has dropped significantly though I do have to go to the grocery twice a week to restock on vegetables. The book is on Amazon and there are plenty of free online support groups for the plan.

EDIT-while this is working for me, I fully appreciate that there are a number of different approaches that work for different people and it is a matter finding what works for YOU.

Last edited by grannynancy; 02-22-2018 at 04:09 PM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:31 PM   #3  
Insta @xxtherealquinnxx

S/C/G: 256.4/251/155

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, GraceeA!

There are many supportive people on this thread who can help you as you embark on your journey - I know that you must be challenged by your situation, but there are always options, such as the Bright Line diet that grannynancy suggests. I myself am a calorie counter, which is working for me now and has worked in the past.

I'm sure with some research on the 3FC forums you'll find something that works for you over time.
SantaClaritaDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:18 PM   #4  
Keto Gym Rat

S/C/G: 151/126/118

Height: 5'5"

Hi Grace! I just rejoined today as well. I was a member 15 or 20 years ago. Anyway, I am looking at doing a High protein, Low carb+gym plan. I used to work out 6 days a week but have't gone hardly at all for the last 2 years. Anyway, WELCOME! I am 49 (just turned 49) and I know what you mean about it getting harder. We can do this! I am planning on posting my diet and exercise daily for accountability. I am hoping it will help me stay on track.
midlife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:27 PM   #5  

Thank you Midlife99
Old 02-22-2018, 04:28 PM   #6  

Thank you Santa Clarita and Grannynancy!