3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Newbie (Again) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/314012-newbie-again.html)

Desire2b 08-31-2017 08:52 PM

Newbie (Again)

Hello everyone. I'm not a real newbie.
Married, 40 somethingFemale.
Mom of 2. (fur kids)
A few years
ago I lost the weight of a
twin. I weighed so much before I felt so proud to lose about150 pounds. I lost the weight naturally. Currently just
disgusted. I put back several
inches. Maybe 12 all over.

When I kind of gave up, it was after medical treatment (my weightloss revealed a mass and I had an operation) I slowly put back some weight due to reverting to my old (pre 2010s) habits. Sedatary and indulgence has me wearing a 14-16. Ugh.
I was happy about 1.5 years ago in 11-13 (sometimes even 8-10s). The only thing keeping me truly from feeling hopeless,
I'm not the biggest as I ever was. (US sz 32+)

Now I'm back to watching
my intake and logging my food. I'm exercising too. It seems I can quit some foods but I admit I'm a stress eater. Maybe even a food addict. It's preet sad really.

Anyway, I hope to meet others who understand this incredibly difficult fight. I hope to be back to a sz 12. Right now thst number soumds ptetty satisfying.

RubySnacks 09-02-2017 11:28 AM

Wow, 150 pounds! That's incredible, and it must have taken a lot of dedication. I'm sure you'll be able to do that again. I wish you the best of luck!

Wendiendi 09-02-2017 06:52 PM

Being a food addict is more common than you think! I think I'm in denial about having this same problem!!

Pemberley 09-03-2017 11:24 PM

Hello! If you did it once you can absolutely do it again (and stay there) :D

Have you tried anything to reduce stress? My mum tells me that when I have a negative feeling that makes me want to comfort eat I should avoid food and do something that makes me feel good once I start to feel stressed - like a bath, book, or tv show. I am not so good at putting this into practice and finally got it to work by just not stocking anything unhealthy I like (we have junk food at home but it is things I don't touch so no harm there lol) but thought it may be worth throwing out :)

Desire2b 09-05-2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendiendi (Post 5329689)
Being a food addict is more common than you think! I think I'm in denial about having this same problem!!

That's what made it go under the
radar for me, I slowly went into
an addiction. It conforted me.
It has to be pretty common. Like
any addiction, it's a beast to shake.

Desire2b 09-05-2017 09:31 PM

Thanks Ruby for the best wishes!
It was not easy. That's
why it feels frustrating to face
this challenge again. Especially since
I'm now older.

Desire2b 09-05-2017 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pemberley (Post 5329816)
Hello! If you did it once you can absolutely do it again (and stay there) :D

Have you tried anything to reduce stress? My mum tells me that when I have a negative feeling that makes me want to comfort eat I should avoid food and do something that makes me feel good once I start to feel stressed - like a bath, book, or tv show. I am not so good at putting this into practice and finally got it to work by just not stocking anything unhealthy I like (we have junk food at home but it is things I don't touch so no harm there lol) but thought it may be worth throwing out :)

I am editing. What I wrote no longer applies to me.