Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-27-2017, 07:59 AM   #1  

Unhappy Stumbled upon here via zoloft

So I've been battling major depression for a good 12 months but been depressed since having my 3rd child 2 years ago. Only started getting treated a year ago and that's been a slow hit and miss process and at this very moment in time I'm feeling I'm back at my worst again, been on Effexor for 12 months and recently started risperidone and I really don't think Effexor is for me. I've only recently started seeing a psychiatrist so this is giving me new hope. She kept me on the Effexor and just upped my dose, all that ever does is take the edge off for a bit but then I feel like **** again. No motivation, hate being at home on my own with the kids day in and day out, hubby works heaps. I hate pretty much everything, dreading taking my daughter for her 30min dance lesson tomorrow so u can imagine how unmotivated I am to do some exercise.... I'm thinking of talking to my psych about Zoloft as I read it's good for PMDD and I read here that some ladies actually feel happy on it, id luv to feel that again not just feel bearable which is what Effexor does for me. I've been trying to lose my weight for 2 years and set goals but never reach them and now I've just given up
I think the risperidone is a major contributing factor to my weight at the moment because when they r times I've hardly eaten I still can't lose it
Just over it all
Tryingokplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/257/180

Height: 5'7

hey and welcome.
I am sorry to read about your struggles. It sounds like a really hard time for you, My experiences with Effexor is not personal but from my mother. She got of them because they didn't help her. They were in the proces of giving her a true diagnosis which came to bipolar. I am glad to read that you have a psychiatrist to help you. Because help is important to get better. It is good to see that you are sharing your thought with the doc, that way they have the best tools to help you.
Zoloft is an antidepressiv?, never took zoloft but i took something called cipramil, because of a stress related depression years ago. I got better over time. I gained weight. But if it was the medicine or the fact that I was completely inactive and ate all the wrong stuff I dont know.
I really wish you all the best and again welcome.
Emma121 is offline   Reply With Quote