3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   here I go again.. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/312896-here-i-go-again.html)

Just_Kathy 04-08-2017 08:54 AM

here I go again..

Hello everyone! :D

I am new here and in need of some serious help, support, and accountability! I am 47 years old and weigh 230, i am 5'4". I am completely embarrassed about my weight & I could sit here in denial and say I don't know how this happened, or blame it on being post-menopausal. But in reality, I did this to myself through a bad diet and lack of exercise. (ice cream is my downfall)!

A little background, I am a wife, mom, and grandma I have a special needs child, I am self-employed, I like yankee candles, walks in the rain, 80s hair bands :) and any quiet time I can get!!

Back in my 30s my highest weight was 185 and I lost 40 lbs in 90 days using power 90/beachbody program & eating around 1200 calories a day. I know I can do this.

I find myself looking through before/after weight loss pics which motivates me but the problem is I can't seem to STAY motivated!

I know I need to fight this, I know I need to do this for myself, my health, & my future.

I am looking for LOTS of friends so please add me! Doesn't matter what you are (male/female) or otherwise! I am interested in talking to other positive people where we can cheer one another on! I will be logging in daily & posting my daily exercise and calories.

:carrot:

Keika 04-08-2017 04:05 PM

Good morning, Kathy! Welcome to 3FC! :)

EagleRiverDee 04-09-2017 07:37 PM

Welcome Kathy! If motivation is an issue, you might look into Beachbody's new "Beachbody on Demand" which has every program they have made (I think) for $99 a year. (I am NOT a BB coach, and I'm not pitching anything, for the record). I was super skeptical about signing up - I have done their P90X and Insanity programs and was ready to try something new but didn't know what. I usually like to just buy my programs outright because we have spotty internet where I live and "Beachbody on Demand" is a streaming program sort of like Netflix but just for BB's workout programs. Anyway, I signed up, started doing T25 and Piyo (I alternate days) as well as their 3 Week Yoga Retreat and I have just had a blast. The weight loss hasn't been dramatic- I've lost 10 lbs since January- but I had already lost 40 and the weight loss I think naturally slows the closer you get to goal anyway so I'm not deterred by that. Anyway, it's a thought.

So, WELCOME! There are some good threads on here - there are a couple exercise accountability threads, and usually you can find a "getting out of the XXX's" thread for the area of weight loss you are currently in. I love this place!

Just_Kathy 04-11-2017 09:17 PM

Hi Keika!Thank you!

Just_Kathy 04-11-2017 09:19 PM

Hi EagleRiverDee! Thank you for that info! I have been considering the beachbody program again! I had such great success with it before... I am still trying to figure my way around this site! Looks like there is a lot of support and so much great info! Thanks for the nice welcome :)

bloominbutterflies 04-13-2017 03:45 PM

Hello Kathy :) Welcome!