Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-01-2016, 09:36 AM   #1  

Default Hey guys!

Wanted to try this out as I know it's a great support for some and helps you to be held accountable. Knowing people are on the same journey as I am is reassuring. I've gained 35-40 pounds (never lost my pregnancy weight from third and final pregnancy) and I'm determined to start by losing 20. Any suggestions or helpful hints would be awesome. I've tried so many "fad diets" over the years with low carb working the best for me (but it can get super repetitive with the foods allowed). Hope to meet some new people. I'm 29 and live in New England!
Hiddenhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

Everyone is different. For me - a lot of exercise (biking for me) and a lot of protein and veggies and salads. Few to no empty calories or carbs. Drastically reduced alcohol (pity...). Also - the challenges work for me. I am very competitive with myself!

Welcome and good luck.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:50 AM   #3  
EarlyBirdToo

S/C/G: 251/193/160

Height: 5/5

Hi Hiddenhalo! Welcome,I'm new here too! So, happy to have found this forum. I have used many recipes from this site! Great recipes. Now, I want to become more involved. Seeking support and wanna give support. It keeps me focused!
Welcome! Good luck. Wishing you peace and love!
Earlybirdtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:53 AM   #4  
EarlyBirdToo

S/C/G: 251/193/160

Height: 5/5

Hi me too, only mine is power walking. Lots of it, exercise is so important! and very little carbs works wonders! Glad to meet u Nighttowlrn!
Earlybirdtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 01:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Hiddenhalo!

The biggest tip I can suggest is to keep a food journal (a lot of folks on here use MyFitnessPal). Identifying trends in the things you consume when and what amounts can be a real eye opener. My second biggest tip would be to sit down at a table for meals without any electronics. This has helped me to better interpret hunger signals, which has really helped me with portion control.
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 01:40 PM   #6  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hey HiddenHalo! Welcome to 3FC!

I'm not a paragraph person so here's what I do:

1. 21 day fix eating plan (You can get the containers cheap on amazon)(Theres a smartphone app to track your containers)
2. I plan what I will eat the next day the night before
3. When I cook dinner, I make 2-3 servings so I can have it for lunch and/or dinner the next day
4. I don't keep pasta in the house, just brown rice
5. In this forum, under Weight Loss Support, there's a Daily Accountability Thread where everyone posts their workouts for the day, meals, calorie intake (if you count calories), and just simple updates. I always feel accomplished when I post without daily blips or slip-ups

Anyways, Welcome! Love your enthusiasm
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote