3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   New Here! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/310678-new-here.html)

raerae88 08-03-2016 09:43 PM

New Here!

Hello, all! I am brand new here! I am 35/F, mom of one son. I have struggled with my weight since high school, and I have been all over the place with my weight ever since.

In my late 20s/early 30s I was at my "ideal" weight, but since then, it has crept up and I am so frustrated. My biggest struggle is dieting. I exercise 3-5x a week — I even teach spin class! Unfortunately, I also have binge eating disorder (BED) and have trouble controlling how much I eat.

I have been on Vyvanse for a few months but haven't really had much progress. I just really need some encouragement to help me lose the weight! I don't really have a goal weight, I think I'll know it when I get there :)

Right now, I am 180 lbs, and I would LOVE to be 140, but honestly, 150 sounds amazing.

Thanks all for reading! I look forward to hearing and sharing more! :hug:

Rae

MonteCristo 08-03-2016 10:46 PM

:welcome: What is your diet plan? Maybe you just haven't found the one for you yet. Keep working at it and you'll make it! :)

raerae88 08-04-2016 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonteCristo (Post 5273532)
:welcome: What is your diet plan? Maybe you just haven't found the one for you yet. Keep working at it and you'll make it! :)

Hi MonteCristo! Thanks for the welcome. I have tried a number of plans including counting calories and low-carb. Low-carb seems to work the best for me - I lost 100 lbs doing it before (from 230 to 130), but I can't seem to stick to it now!

MonteCristo 08-04-2016 12:08 PM

I do low carb, combined with calorie counting. Calories in vs calories out is the basic building blocks, but I find I can keep my calories down better if I'm eating low carb. Thing is, you really have to plan ahead for low carb. Not a whole lot of convenience options. I always keep pepperoni and cream cheese in the fridge for snacks, and I usually have a high protein low carb stew (like burgoo) on hand, as well as plenty of eggs and cheese. I'm sure it is harder when you have to prepare meals for family members who aren't on the plan, but most of the time you can just make a little pasta/rice/potato and add it to their meals.

Do you have an exercise plan? Even just walking a mile or so a day is a great way to start. Of course I'm a big proponent of weight lifting, but the thing is you have to find something that you enjoy (or at least don't detest intensely!). I like lifting weights, it makes me feel sexy and powerful. Running, on the other hand, makes me feel like an asthmatic 100 year old who will drop dead any minute. So guess which one I do? LOL

raerae88 08-04-2016 12:29 PM

Thank you so much! My husband has been doing low-carb lately, so that helps, but I also have 10 y/o son who can eat anything :shrug:

I do exercise quite a bit - I just don't look like I do - LOL! I teach a spin class 2-3x a week, I also walk a lot in the nicer weather. If the weather sucks, I'll do the elliptical at the gym. I need to get back into lifting weights. I used to do it 2-3x a week, but lately I am down to 1-2 a week. I tend to hit the gym a lot more in the winter. I live in the Midwest, so I like to be outside as much as possible while we have decent weather :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonteCristo (Post 5273611)
I do low carb, combined with calorie counting. Calories in vs calories out is the basic building blocks, but I find I can keep my calories down better if I'm eating low carb. Thing is, you really have to plan ahead for low carb. Not a whole lot of convenience options. I always keep pepperoni and cream cheese in the fridge for snacks, and I usually have a high protein low carb stew (like burgoo) on hand, as well as plenty of eggs and cheese. I'm sure it is harder when you have to prepare meals for family members who aren't on the plan, but most of the time you can just make a little pasta/rice/potato and add it to their meals.

Do you have an exercise plan? Even just walking a mile or so a day is a great way to start. Of course I'm a big proponent of weight lifting, but the thing is you have to find something that you enjoy (or at least don't detest intensely!). I like lifting weights, it makes me feel sexy and powerful. Running, on the other hand, makes me feel like an asthmatic 100 year old who will drop dead any minute. So guess which one I do? LOL