3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Looking for support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/310412-looking-support.html)

sdaniels88 07-13-2016 07:50 PM

Looking for support

Hi Everyone,

My name is Sarah and I have struggled with weight-loss since I can remember. I find that I don't have anyone in my life who I can relate to or just be there for and is there for me. So that is how I found 3FC. I need to lose close to 70lbs because I have a herniated disc and it causes back issues and I don't want surgery. I have tried on my own and I guess I just need help, I am looking for advice and mostly a friendly place to come to for motivation and support. I look forward to making new friends! :D

Penny105 07-14-2016 12:32 AM

:welcome3: to 3FC! We're happy to have you here! :wave:

I think losing weight will absolutely help your back. I knew someone who had back problems (lots of pain), and she lost a ton of weight and got down to the lower-normal end of her BMI range and worked out, and she said her back pain all but disappeared. Her doctor was thrilled and advised her to maintain the weight loss to keep control of the pain. Worked great for her!

This is a good place to get support. There is a lot of information in the archives. Also, there are challenges (for exercise, weight loss, etc.) that you can join, also different threads based on things about you or your interests that you can join if you want.

What's your plan for losing weight?

MonteCristo 07-14-2016 09:31 AM

:welcome: I'm sure you'll find lots of motivation here at 3FC!

Losing weight and exercise will definitely help your back. I've personally found that exercise helps more than just being smaller. Just be careful and start small. I basically started with just yoga and that would make me ache for days, and now I can deadlift 160lbs without any soreness in my back afterwards. And this is after having back pain basically since I was 12 years old.

Do you have any particular plan in mind for your weightloss?

Missterious 07-14-2016 10:05 PM

Story of my life

Oh man, story of my life. Just joined the forum today. I am pretty jaded when it comes to losing weight. I have achieved my ideal weight before, but it was killing me. I was a the gym for over three hours every day. I can't keep up!

Good luck to you.

kittens 07-15-2016 12:06 PM

Hey SDaniels88, I'm new to the forums and new to a program (4 weeks in) that is really working for me. Where I am based (in New England) there is a medically supervised partial fast program. I've been really enjoying it as it is a very strict and clear program (some meal replacements, mostly low carb/no carb meals). The replacement they use is Optifast, but I believe Medifast is also good. The program has a dietician, an exercise physiologist, nurse practitioners you meet with every week, a doctor you meet with every other week and a psychologist who runs a weekly group with behavioral therapy. I have found this beyond helpful as I struggle with diet compliance (all the counting) and also emotional eating. Until I hit this group and program, I had never been successful in losing more than 10 lbs on a program. This already feels more positive and supportive. I had also never done a low carb / VLCD (very low calorie diet) before. I had been on WW and Nutri System and others, but I found that I needed a break from most food, especially carbs. It seems to be working, I'm almost 17lbs down by this fourth week. Now my biggest worry is what to do when I have to reintroduce additional food / but that is a LONG way away. Hope this helps, and I'm here with you.. new to getting support and asking for what I need. I wish you all the best in your travels.

Missterious, I wish you well in your journey too.