Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-24-2016, 05:47 PM   #1  

Default Help sticking to a diet

Hi...

I have really tried almost every diet out there and always have a hard time sticking to one after a week or so..with little kids at home I am always cheating. I am currently on Ideal Protein and was good for about 3 weeks, lost weight quickly, then started cheating put the weight back on. I am wanting to stick with Ideal Protein but having a hard time doing it! Any suggestions or tips?? thanks so much!!!
kmrubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:03 AM   #2  

I have the same problem.
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

The easiest diet for me is cutting out as many processed foods as possible. Low sugar, high protein, high good carbs like fresh veggies. This was my lifestyle when my kids were little, then they grew and things got busier and mama got lax (and therefore fat!) Kids are on their own now, and I went back to that way of eating and the weight is coming off.

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 03-25-2016 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Typo
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/176.6/140

Height: 5"3'

Its tough to stick to a diet... i've followed many plans but fail because I cook one thing but crave something else and am never satisfied with my meals. Best thing that's working for me, and my cravings as a food lover, is to be aware of what I'm eating. Like I know - a protein shake is a good snack substitute, so I keep some protein shakes in my office for whenever I feel like.. Instead of chips, I buy unsalted nuts.. If its in the house, and I am hungry I will definitely eat it! Sometimes i munch on a handful of cereal just for the crunch (that's a 100 calorie snack). Also, I learnt that cream/half and half has no carbs.. I still have my daily coffee with cream. Its helping to keep my calories goals under 1300 cal, while still enjoying a normal lifestyle! Whenever I'm hungry, I keep reminding myself, pick a protein snack, Pick a protein snack! I know people who follow the "keto" diet - which is all protein and fat and it works for them.. i get overwhelmed with too much protein BUT i google keto baked recipes for the occasional sweet cravings.. baking with almond flour and other low carb flours is a good idea!
anjalifit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ideal protein