Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 313/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9

Default PCOS & Thyroid issues, what fun!

Hi all,

I've been lurking around in the shadows for a while, but I have decided to jump in and see what it's all about. This seems like a really fantastic and caring community and I hope I can add to it.

Like many people here, I have struggled with weight for most of my life. I come from a family that is very split in terms of natural size. The women on mother's side has always had a more athletic body type, the women on my father's side has always had a more robust, rounded, shall we say 'rosy cheeked buxom milk maid' type. Guess what side I fall on??

It's also a super fun bonus that I have both PCOS AND serious Thyroid issues. I'm on daily medication and as everyone who has these issues, the more the weight you carry, the harder it is to a) lose weight b)control your hormone fluxs

I'm dealing with some anger about the way I feel about the fact that I was ignored by my doctors for a long time and dismissed when I went to them with very genuine concerns. it took 10 years to be diagnosed with PCOS and 17 to be diagnosed with the thyroid issues, over 4 cities and 9 doctors. It's meant my weight got very high and as a result I'm already dealing with sagging and loose skin and I'm only a 1/3 of my way into my journey! At my biggest, I was 313lbs. I'm now at 270 and want to end up around 165lb depending on muscle mass.

That's my weight story, now for me as a person! I'm 36, female, currently single, based predominantly in London, UK. I travel a lot for work, which is the film and TV industry which can make weight loss groups and classes tricky to maintain. Hoping online will work a bit better. I love my two nieces, my family and all my incredible friends. A lot of them are very keen on extreme sports and I hope that's something I can get into more as the weight goes down. I'm a big reader, like long walks to clear my head and keep moving. Socially, I love to go dancing and the cinema.

Last edited by Catkin04; 10-02-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Catkin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:12 AM   #2  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

Height: 5'8"

I didn't want to read and not say "hi", so: HI!

Congratulations on your successes so far. I have a friend with thyroid issues and the difficulty she's had with getting diagnosed and properly treated is infuriating! I'm sorry you've dealt with similar experiences.

I live in the UK as well - Northants.
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:23 AM   #3  

Thank you Raisin! Lovely to be here tell your friend heads up from me! Every victory is worth the fight.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Catkin04! Good to have you here! on the great weight loss so far! Keep going! You can do it! Don't concern yourself about sagging skin, etc. Control the things you can control and be proud of yourself for doing what you can do! Good luck the rest of the way!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:57 PM   #5  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 230/223/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi Catkin04! Welcome!
MKD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 11:22 AM   #6  

Hi Jacqui & MKD89

Thank you for your welcome. I've found the site to be really great so far. I hope I can offer support too.