Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-12-2015, 06:33 PM   #1  
a dispassionate duck

S/C/G: 133/133/120

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Hi! How's it going?

Hi, guys! How's it going?

I'd like to say I'm just here because I wanted to make friends, but... I'm here because I saw how much weight I gained since the first year of high school (I'm now a junior). From 125 lbs to 133 lbs... it may not seem much, but I feel the weight on me, and there are folds in my stomach when I bend over even slightly, and they're there under my arms, too.

I've gotten very unspirited since I realised this a few months ago, and I've come to the conclusion that I won't let it beat me down, I'll work it off! I plan to do some exercise and cut down on unhealthy foods as well. I don't want to have to look in the mirror and dislike my chubby face, thighs, and my muffin top any more.

If anyone has any advice for me, especially concerning exercise, I'd love to hear it!

I'm glad to be on the forum, and I hope to meet everyone--including my goal!

Thanks so much, bros,
~MFass.321
MFass.321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 07:12 PM   #2  
Because I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 365/356/145

Height: 5'6

Welcome and good luck! There's nothing wrong with a smaller goal, it's always a good thing to work towards a happier, healthier you!

I recommend going to the featherweights forum, it's for people with a smaller amount to lose. You might find some people you relate with there!

What kind of exercise do you do now? I did find small things do add up. I take the steps whenever possible over the elevator. I try to in general walk more than usual. I think Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is awesome as well. I have always felt like I made progress after one of her videos.
Twohundred2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

It's never a bad idea to eat healthier and exercise, so I wish you success! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:19 PM   #4  
a dispassionate duck

S/C/G: 133/133/120

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Thank you, my friends. I'm definitely going to try to not just lose, but also get fit and build my endurance. I'd love to be able to be able to play a sport without getting out of breath in the first few minutes (I have exercise-induced asthma), and I think this will help me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twohundred2lose View Post
What kind of exercise do you do now? I did find small things do add up. I take the steps whenever possible over the elevator. I try to in general walk more than usual. I think Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is awesome as well. I have always felt like I made progress after one of her videos.
I was running up until a couple weeks ago. I'd tried going a mile a day for about four days, but then my shin starting aching, and I suspect it's a shin splint... I still feel an ache and the occasional sharp pain there, so I'm resting it for a few weeks.

I like walking, perhaps I'll try walking around the neighborhood Thanks so much for the advice! I'll look up the videos!
MFass.321 is offline   Reply With Quote