Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-24-2015, 06:10 PM   #1  

Default And so it begins :)

Hi everyone, I just joined and wanted to share a little about myself. I have been looking for a forum to join and thought this one looked great and so here I am!

I have gone back and forth with my weight for years and now in my mid-30s it's time to really get it under control. I have several family members with diabetes, I know I am at risk myself. Hearing the word obese really has hit a place within myself that has lit a fire. I am ready to do this.

I am somewhat antisocial in my everyday life and very sensitive about my weight and have found that just talking online about my journey with others going through the same has helped me in the past to stay motivated.

Losing weight and being healthy is not just something I want to do, something that I am going to do, and my journey starts today.
Raining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:18 PM   #2  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to 3fc's Raining; good luck with your goals!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:18 PM   #3  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Hello! We're glad to have you here!

There's a lot of information and support on this forum. It's really a neat place. And kudos to you for taking control of things.

I know what you mean about hearing the word obese. Well, I gained like 30 lbs beyond that, but it was awesome when I moved from 'obese' to just 'overweight.' You'll get there pretty soon, I bet.

Again,
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Raining! You've come to the right place! This is a wonderful community with lots of support! Take a look around and jump on in! Everyone is very nice! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #5  

Thank you all so much! I have been peeking around and am so impressed with the site. It's nice to see encouragement instead of judgement!
Raining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:14 PM   #6  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Oh gosh, the "Obese" word. That one hit me hard too, it didn't help that I use a Wii Fit U regularly and the little chibi voice would always sing out in that happy high voice "That's Obese!". Wanted to kill that thing....

But welcome, you can put these pounds behind you! It's super cliché, but that whole " six months from now you'll be happy you started today" thing is super true. Hope you find lots of support and have fun on here
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 66kg/66kg/54kg

Height: 5ft4

hi everyone
I'm new to this site but know how you feel. I am 22 and have been majorly yo yo ing for four years, my most recent diet fail lasted 8 weeks and I put on the 20 pounds I just worked so hard to lose. I can't deal with this anymore, it puts too much strain on my social life and emotions. I want to stop this before I waste anymore time sitting in my room wishing I was skinny
I've decided to carry out a 10 day water fast to kick start my diet. I will let you know how I get on and how much weight I lose
S
sassy9393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 294

Height: 5'11"

That's great! Good for you! I'm new to this site too. I'm 31 and I'm so tired of yo-yo dieting. I want to be healthy once and for all.
happywife1026 is offline   Reply With Quote