Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-26-2015, 12:50 AM   #1  

Talking New and looking to lose!

Hello 3FCoaD!

You can call me Alice. I'm 27, live in the Pacific Northwest, just started dating an awesome guy named Scott, andddd I have 2 very hyper dogs.

I suffer from multiple 'disabilities'; Fibromyalgia, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Bi-Polar Disorder, I have malformed feet due to in-utero growth restrictions, and weigh about 318 currently.

I'm on Metformin 500mg/2x daily, and Sprintec 28 currently. I also am currently on a high-dose vitamin D that I have my last dose of tonight. Other than that, medication-free other than my medical marijuana!

I have plenty of hippy, natural-living friends and lately I've been doing a lot of research on alternative healing, health and food, etc.

I've decided at the beginning of next month, to COMPLETELY switch my diet.

I'm doing the sugar free challenge for 30 days. I'm going to emphasize fruits and veggies in my diet, getting primary nutrition from mostly vegetables and fruits with some added protein (chicken or steak, I'm going pork-free for an unrelated cause.), and looking into juicing my breakfast each day (lots of kale, spinach, any dark leafy greens, spirulina, etc.).

I'm going to be buying primarily organic, trying to find locally-sourced foods, etc.

I know that this is something I can accomplish, and it's the first step to getting healthy enough to start discussing fertility options with my doctor and getting ready to have kids in the next 3 years!

I do not (no offense to those that do) want to be a Mom after age 30, but I will have kids up to 35 if I really have to, I want at least 2.

As for a bit of an 'about me', I am a big cannabis advocate, I love to read, I enjoy exploring the world around me and communing with nature, I am a music fan and I LOVE to sing, especially when I'm in the shower or the car. I love my dogs with a fierce passion most folks reserve for other humans, and am a sarcastic, smart-*** young woman who is finally beginning to bounce back from a hard few years. I'm friendly and love to talk, so if you think we might get along feel free to shoot me a message! Admittedly I can be kind-of bad at remembering to check every site I frequent on a regular basis, but I can give you some other ways to keep in touch, too!

Last edited by alicebowlsly; 05-26-2015 at 12:58 AM.
alicebowlsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Alice! Glad you found us! Good luck with your weight loss/healthy eating endeavor!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote