3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Getting Frustrated!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/303410-getting-frustrated.html)

LLCool76 04-08-2015 09:22 AM

Getting Frustrated!!!

Hi All!

My name is Lisa, and I'm a 38 year old mother of 3. For most of my adult life, I've hovered around 125-130 lbs (I am 5'4"), and I never had trouble dropping a few pounds when I felt I needed to.

After some big changes in my life over the past 2 years, I put on about 40 lbs.

Since the beginning of the year, I have made a real effort to make healthy changes, yet on March 16th, I weighed in at 164.8, which is an all time high for me. It seems no matter what I do, I can't lose weight anymore.

I am exhausted, my hips hurt all the time... I am going to the doctor today to have them check my thyroid function. I am sick of being unhappy in my own skin and feeling achy and tired all the time. I want to have the energy to keep up with all of my kids' activities, and also be a good role model to them!

While my husband is very good about eating what I eat and being supportive, he really doesn't know what the big deal is about dieting and doesn't care to hear me whine about how frustrated I am 24/7! (Guys just have it different, lucky for them!)

I'd love to find a group to belong to where we all hold each other accountable, and more importantly offer motivation and support! Anyone?

Lisa

Liliann 04-08-2015 03:49 PM

:goodluck: with your efforts!

snootson 04-08-2015 04:05 PM

Hi Lisa!! I am new here as well. I am 34 and I am really noticing that the older I get, the harder it is to lose weight:(
Hope your doc appt. goes well and you find some helpful answers.

Lets help each other!!!

LLCool76 04-09-2015 08:11 AM

Thanks Liliann! Good luck to you as well :)

Snootson- Thanks! My doctor said she'd definitely check my thyroid, but when I told her about my insomnia (I wake up at least 3x per night!), she said she thought it was much more likely that my total exhaustion was putting so much stress on my body that it was resisting losing weight. She prescribed me Ambien. Last night I took it, and I still woke up 3x, and today I have a feeling my co-workers may find me under my desk asleep!

On the plus side, after bopping between Atkins and calorie counting, I finally switched to the South Beach Diet, which I had a lot of success with 4 years ago, and I am seeing a downward trend this week :yay: What plans are everyone else on?

snootson 04-09-2015 09:31 AM

I am doing Weight Watchers:)

Hope you get some rest tonight!!

miniDoodles 04-09-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCool76 (Post 5151835)
Thanks Liliann! Good luck to you as well :)

Snootson- Thanks! My doctor said she'd definitely check my thyroid, but when I told her about my insomnia (I wake up at least 3x per night!), she said she thought it was much more likely that my total exhaustion was putting so much stress on my body that it was resisting losing weight. She prescribed me Ambien. Last night I took it, and I still woke up 3x, and today I have a feeling my co-workers may find me under my desk asleep

Hi, I'm looking for another thread to try & I saw this one in the new posts today.

A natural remedy for insomnia that has helped me is melatonin, that our bodies don't get enough of. The naturopath said to take 1 or 2 about 1 hour before bedtime. Taking a calcium pill after my evening snack also gets me yawning & I fall asleep before my favorite 10pm TV shows.
The only thing I noticed w using these is that my body-clock still wakes me up @ 4am when my Dh gets up for work. But I have no problem falling back asleep till it's time for me to wake up @ 7am.
Ppl say not to have a laptop in the bedroom @ night, but that's not true for everyone. I fall asleep reading on my Kindle or playing solitaire often, it relaxes me taking my mind off other things going on.
Try different things until U find a few harmless ones, that helps your body get a restful nights sleep. PLease don't take a prescription drug to sleep, that's dangerous for your health w the side effects.

Take care & good luck :smug:

LLCool76 04-09-2015 10:33 AM

Hi miniDoodles!

Unfortunately the insomnia has been going on for YEARS, and I have tried every natural remedy there is - Melatonin, teas, a homeopathic remedy called Calms Forte... I'm at my wit's end at this point!

nonameslob 04-09-2015 11:01 AM

Are you sure its insomnia and not related to something like sleep apnea? Have they ever done a sleep study?

It sounds like you've got some medical issues to work on that will eventually help you lose weight. Keep working on solutions with your doctor! I'm sure it's incredibly frustrating, but get yourself in a good routine now, because even though it's not showing on the scales, it will still improve your overall health. And once you get the other issues worked out, you'll already be in a good routine that should make it easier to drop the weight.

Good luck to you!

CruiseChick 04-09-2015 02:36 PM

I know when I went into perimenopause, I started having terrible sleep disruptions. I take an OTC sleeping pill every night along with a 500 mg. magnesium. Works like a dream!

LLCool76 04-10-2015 11:03 AM

Thanks all for your input! We're just waiting on the thyroid results, but my doctor just thinks I've somehow just gotten into some strange sleep habits. Definitely no snoring, and I don't think it's sleep apnea, but if I don't start sleeping soon, I'll have to do a sleep study, I guess!

miniDoodles 04-21-2015 09:23 AM

Hi LL Cool :smug: I hope that U got the test results U hoped to get :angel:
Best Wishes :hug: Dee