Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-14-2015, 10:40 AM   #1  

Default 155 lb 5'3 fatty seeking village

Hello, I hope to track my weight here and have the chance to talk about weight loss and all of the struggles that come with it. I strive to eat a plant based diet and reverse the years of shame that I've attached to my body. I'm 5'3 and 155.4 lbs with a bmi of 27.7. I want to lose weight because the extent to which i hate my body is interfering with all of my relationships, i hate feeling self-conscious when surrounded by mounds of attractive athletic humans and need to finally achieve this goal i've been talking about for the last 5 years. I no longer talk about my desire to lose weight with the people in my life because I see all of my past failures reflected back at me and need a new village to strive with, please help me and share your journey. To set an intention for this journey I present one of my favourite quotes, by Socrates:

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
Pecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:52 AM   #2  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecsi View Post
Hello, I hope to track my weight here and have the chance to talk about weight loss and all of the struggles that come with it. I strive to eat a plant based diet and reverse the years of shame that I've attached to my body. I'm 5'3 and 155.4 lbs with a bmi of 27.7. I want to lose weight because the extent to which i hate my body is interfering with all of my relationships, i hate feeling self-conscious when surrounded by mounds of attractive athletic humans and need to finally achieve this goal i've been talking about for the last 5 years. I no longer talk about my desire to lose weight with the people in my life because I see all of my past failures reflected back at me and need a new village to strive with, please help me and share your journey. To set an intention for this journey I present one of my favourite quotes, by Socrates:

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
You can do it! And this is a very inspiring place for dieters. I've only been here about 20 days (yay, I have a signature now!), and it's really helped to keep me on track.

You obviously have motivation, and your open path lies before you. Have a wonderful journey, and thanks for sharing your story!
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:38 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
You can do it! And this is a very inspiring place for dieters. I've only been here about 20 days (yay, I have a signature now!), and it's really helped to keep me on track.

You obviously have motivation, and your open path lies before you. Have a wonderful journey, and thanks for sharing your story!
Thank you for the encouragement, may you receive the kindness you've shown
Old 02-14-2015, 05:08 PM   #4  

I forgot to mention my goal in my intro but it is to shed 50 pounds. In terms of diet I am cutting out gluten and refined sugars as even eating them in moderation has caused me to spiral in the past. And while i'm not technically cutting grains the general idea is to be grain free too.I'm also going to be intermittent fasting for the first week as I've experienced success with it before. I'll be having an eating window of 4 hours so fasting for 20. My daily chloric intake is going to be 1000 calories, I would say 800 but I don't want to shock my body/ feel deprived.

Exercise is a tough one I find it difficult to make room and no longer have access to a gym so to not set myself up for failure for the first week i commit to a 30 min yoga workout everyday and a High Intensity Interval Training Session (via youtube) with 20 mins of skipping 3 days a week.

I look forward to having this log in such a public place. I'll also weigh myself every morning for sport but the real test is how i feel in my clothes and what i see in the mirror. Let the games begin!
Old 02-14-2015, 10:12 PM   #5  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

Welcome to the forum, Pecsi!! It sounds like you have a great plan worked out. This place has many wonderful and supportive members. I wish you the best in your losses!!
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:33 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesslan Rose View Post
Welcome to the forum, Pecsi!! It sounds like you have a great plan worked out. This place has many wonderful and supportive members. I wish you the best in your losses!!
Thank you for the warm welcome, you all seem like a lovely bunch, sending you well wishes with your birthday goal!!
Old 02-16-2015, 01:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/185/135

Height: 5'2

Good luck on your journey!
Can I ask that you not call yourself a fatty? Not only is it really mean to yourself, it also feels like you're calling everyone on the forum who weighs more than you a fatty too. If you're a "fatty" at 5'3 and 155 pounds, then what does that make me at 5'2 and 175 pounds?
I'm sure you don't mean to do that, but that's how it comes across.
LettuceDoThis is offline   Reply With Quote