3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   another newbie here! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/301734-another-newbie-here.html)

frawniemae 01-16-2015 12:22 PM

another newbie here!

I went to my cardiologist last week and he suggested the Ideal Protein diet. Looking into it is what led me here. I have always had a weight problem. ALWAYS! I can remember as a 10 yr old weighing in at 110 pounds, up to 190 in 8th grade, starved myself down to 120 by time I graduated high school. College saw me up and down averaging 135 lbs but again only kept weight going down by basically eating salad and popcorn! Early twenties saw me with a liquid diet (and I'm not talking protein shakes). I drank alcohol heavily. I kept weight off mainly because I didn't like to eat while I drank. 28 yrs old and at 150 lbs got pregnant with first child. Ballooned up to 190lbs but lost it by counting every single calorie I put in my mouth. Second child at age 30 took me up to 200 lbs. My hormones went wonky, and at age 32 went through full blown menopause. So....here I am, mid 50s, well over 100lbs overweight at OMG!! 302 lbs, and absolutely sick and tired of being fat. I have high blood pressure, I'm on statins for high cholesterol, my knees are about shot, and I can't stand to look in a mirror. I am not active, I hate to exercise but I do enjoy walking. It's funny, I took courses in diet and nutrition, eventually getting an Associate's in Dietary Management. I know how to eat right but doing it is different! Like most, I can honestly say I have tried just about all diets. I've considered gastric surgery but insurance won't cover it. I'm concerned about a commitment to the IP diet (costs may be prohibitive, I still have to feed my husband, we make several roadtrips a year, etc). I know: all of these are excuses not to do it. I realize that "dieting" isn't what I want to do. It is time for a lifestyle change. I'm looking forward to exploring this forum & getting to know everyone. I am also glad I found others that can truly relate to my weight issues.

princessM928 01-16-2015 01:24 PM

Welcome .All of this can be very scary, my mom passed away 5 days before I turned just 3 years old from high cholest. at 36 years old and a few years ago my doctor said I am following in her foot steps and I am 34. That turned me onto IP however after 6 months on the program, I couldn't afford it anymore and turned to alternative products that work just as well. Once you learn the program and gain the confidence, you can use this forum to get addt support. People here put alt products they use and I have found them helpful. Good Luck and you can do it!

Manicminer44 01-16-2015 04:52 PM

Hiya, I'm new here too, and a bit lost in this world of internet forums! Dieting seems a bit daunting at first, but I know we can both achieve what we want, with hard work and determination through the help of this site!