Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-03-2015, 07:48 PM   #1  
Mandy

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'5'' or 165cm

Smile Hi to everyone! ^^

Hi! So a couple of weeks back, I made a more serious commitment with myself and weight loss since I'm bordering overweight. I'm having a lot of trouble being patient with myself, especially since I want to take it slow (radical approaches have only crashed and burned with me, and I do want to change habits, not just lose for an event or something), but hopefully being on here will help me get some perspective!

You can call me Mandy. I'm 5'5'' and 19 years old, my BMI is about 24 right now. My career choices and studies require a lot of sitting down (for hours straight), and I can really feel my bad habits catching up to my mood and I want to feel better about myself. I've been wanting to lose weight for awhile, but I always expected too much of myself and gave up on the first day I failed. I've been making small changes since around Christmas - I'm going to the gym at least thrice a week, trying to make small changes to my eating habits. The latter is proving to be the most difficult because a) I know nothing about nutrition or cooking, though I'm trying to cook some things, b) I eat a lot since I'm always at home and c) I still manage to feel guilty whenever I don't eat healthy, so I'm tempted to give up like I have before. However, I'm trying to teach myself to keep going despite the failures (especially with the holiday craze, so small cheats are a given) and to educate myself so I can pull off a healthy lifestyle when I have to live alone.

I've been improving in small ways (cooked some, actually started eating fruit, avoided little cheats like fries or soda on some occasions), but I feel like I could be doing a lot more and I still have a long way to go. I have all the time in the world, but I do want to get to my GW in 2015, if possible.

If anyone has good breakdowns of nutrition for total beginners or tips for me, it'd be very helpful! And I'm excited to share this journey with you all!
wendybirdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:20 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I'm usually pretty busy but I find time to read portions of books that have to do with health, exercise, and nutrition. It's helped me get a perspective on what I need to do long term. Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote