3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Looking for support and accountability (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/300381-looking-support-accountability.html)

Gigembritt 11-07-2014 09:09 PM

Looking for support and accountability

Hey guys! I am new! I am from central Texas. 27 year old middle school teacher. I suffer from PCOS and needing to lose weight to help my chances of getting pregnant one day!

I am hoping to lose 70 lbs. I am 220 right.

futureformerfisher 11-07-2014 10:27 PM

Hey gigembritt, welcome! I'm also in central Texas :) 3FC is a great place to start - I lost 30 pounds back in spring/early summer, and now I'm back to lose the rest! Do you have a plan for weight loss yet?

Golda 11-08-2014 08:34 AM

Hey Gigembritt! We seem to have something in common, I am around the same weight as you, around the same age, and I also have PCOS. I'm also new to these forums. :) I really want to lose weight, I know that being over weight will drastically reduce my chances of falling pregnant in the future whenever I get married and thats just not a chance I want to take. Also I am really sick of PCOS and how being overweight has totally taken over my life! Anyway hope to see you around the forums :):) :goodluck:

Gigembritt 11-08-2014 09:53 AM

futureformerfisher- I'm in College Station :)

I started out at 250...... So I've lost 30!! I am just eating healthy and exercising..... Trying to get control of my emotional eating and stress eating! As a middle school teacher, I tend to live my life stressed!!

Also, my hubby is not a healthy nut so it is hard trying to eat healthy but still have food for him...

I am going to have to have a talk with him about how I just need support right now!! He will have to suck it up!!

Golda- glad we are in this together!! Let's help each other!!! We can do this!!

futureformerfisher 11-08-2014 02:22 PM

I'm in Fort Hood - not too far away!

My husband is a soldier and a wannabe PT stud, but he previously had zero interest in eating healthy. I started by making healthier versions of his favorite foods (he still refuses to give up chicken wings, though - in fact, he's literally making them for lunch as I type this, haha) and introducing new vegetables and snacks. I'm surprised how quickly he came around; now, he begs to go with me to the grocery store and likes to experiment with his own healthier versions of things like chips and snack cakes. I think watching me get serious about it, and seeing our six-year-old get into it, was enough to turn him around :) He didn't really have any weight to lose, maybe five pounds, but he's entirely into eating healthy now. So just do you for now, and you might be surprised at how much interest his shows once he sees how easy it it!

Gigembritt 11-09-2014 11:53 AM

I am going to try that!! Thanks!!!

Mrs Snark 11-09-2014 02:47 PM

Saw your name and immediately flashed on the Texas A&M game we just watched last night -- what a game, and I was rooting for the Aggies, too. I bet you reeeaeaaallllllyyy enjoyed that! ;)

Welcome!

Gigembritt 11-09-2014 05:26 PM

Omggggg I did a happy dance!!! Wish they would have played like that all season!!!