New here need some advise (the longest post you will read in your life!)

• Hi everyone!

Im a 30 year old mother of two from a little town in the north of Chile who just couldnt take it anymore.

I've always had to be careful with the food, cause I put on weight so easily, so I managed to stay "normal" for several years.

In 2009 I got pregnant for the first time after trying for 3 years, I wanted to do everything right since I wanted a baby so much! and keep living on a diet was not part of that.

I tried hard for the next 3 years to lose all the weight but I kept failing and ended up gaining even more weight.

By march 2012 I had managed to lose some and I started to feel very good about it since it was starting to show but then in May that year I found out I was pregnant again.

This was not a planned or wanted pregnancy at all, I took precautions but sometimes life just wants to mess things up for you and as I always say... **** just happens...

I tried to have a healthier pregnancy but I failed too and once again I was huge.

On February 18 a friend of mine (who is as desperate as me to lose weight) gave me some "natural" pills that would help me control my anxiety, I took the first and WOWSA! Terrible dry mouth, sharp pain on my chest, couldnt breathe!... natual my ***! I went home for lunch that day and I decided not to take them anymore, cause I had accepted my fate, I was doomed to be a fat woman.

Then came my daughter's first day of school and we took a picture together to remember that day and what a wake up call that was! I couldnt believe I was that huge! I mean, I knew I was big but not mountain size big! I cried long and hard that day and I realized that if I didnt make any changes, I would be dead before sending my children to college.

I started that day at 246.93lb on March 5th.

Today I went to the dreaded scale and I was at 222.68lb

I feel good but not as great as I should. I notice some changes in clothes specifically, today I put on pants that I couldnt fit in at all, they wouldnt even go all the way up! and now Im wearing them at work!

I went from a pant size 24 to 20 but I know I can do lots better!

The thing is I have an excuse... TIME! I get up everyday at 6.30 am I walk to work everyday (30 mins aprox) but that's ALL the excersice of my day, I work on a desk until 18.00 I go to school to pick up my girl, and then to my mother's to pick up my son and I arrive home around 20.30. I eat something, do homework, play a little, clean the house and by 11.30 Im dead! no time whatsoever for gym! I know there are people out there that make time! Im not one of those, I just dont have that much energy and I want this so bad and feel like Im only kidding myself thinking that this way I will be 130lb. by new years' which is my goal. I did drop the soda (Ive had some relapses) and Im trying to give up bread too (which I LOVE!) that's been hard.

Any tips? any at all? I'll take them all! and thank for for taking the time to read this wannabe bibble of my personal journey to be thin.

I wrote this post filled with pictures but I cant post them but anyway that's my story

So here I am, amazed that I was able to pull this off, it's not much but it's a start to a new life! hopefully! Thank you again and I do rant a lot so my next post will be as long as this xD

• Welcome, I'm kinda new myself, the only advice I have is don't give up, you can find something that works for you. , maybe put some thought into what you think your body needs, and what it can do without.. be patient, it does take time to make changes, , good luck to you.
  • Thank you so much! Im not giving up! everytime that scale shows even 1 kilo off I feel more and more motivated!
  • Quote: Hi everyone!
    no time whatsoever for gym! I know there are people out there that make time! Im not one of those, I just dont have that much energy and I want this so bad and feel like Im only kidding myself thinking that this way I will be 130lb. by new years' which is my goal. I did drop the soda (Ive had some relapses) and Im trying to give up bread too (which I LOVE!) that's been hard.

Any tips? any at all? I'll take them all! and thank for for taking the time to read this wannabe bibble of my personal journey to be thin.
    The "rule of thumb" is that losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise. Another adage you will hear is, "Diet to lose weight; exercise to keep it off." Not having any time to exercise will make your weight loss process a bit more difficult, but it is still certainly doable.

Giving up soda and white bread are two fantastic first steps and they are very healthy changes even if you don't lose weight. You've already lost some weight. If you continue to make small changes in your eating they will add up over time. Even if you lose weight slowly, you can make progress. Would you be disappointed to lose 1/2 pound a week? Wouldn't you rather be 25 pounds lighter next year?

If you have the motivation to follow a more formal plan for your eating, there are several forums devoted to different plans. Poke around and find one that suits you and try it out! Good luck; I hope you are successful in finding something that works well for you!
  • Just want to say welcome and congrats on your loss so far! I had my daughter 4 yrs ago and up until I got started a month ago, I was still the weight as when I delivered! Being a mom is hard and I know for me, I have put myself last since my daughter was born. I'm finally trying to do something good for me! Hang in there and keep up the good work!
  • Sounds like you are on the right track. What ever program you use, make something tat you can live with and by! And have fun with it too!
  • I'm so with you on the time issue. I finish work and then get home for the 'second shift' and then by the time the kids are in bed I'm ready to flop on the couch to not move. Keep on keepin' on!
  • Hi Skylar - I'm also new here and we have a lot in common. I'm also trying to give up bread, we weigh the same, and my top was 247. I have a toddler and know what you mean about time. But at least they keep us running? Congrats on your progress so far. Walking to work every day is great!
  • Quote: Hi everyone!

Im a 30 year old mother of two from a little town in the north of Chile who just couldnt take it anymore.

I've always had to be careful with the food, cause I put on weight so easily, so I managed to stay "normal" for several years.

In 2009 I got pregnant for the first time after trying for 3 years, I wanted to do everything right since I wanted a baby so much! and keep living on a diet was not part of that.

I tried hard for the next 3 years to lose all the weight but I kept failing and ended up gaining even more weight.

By march 2012 I had managed to lose some and I started to feel very good about it since it was starting to show but then in May that year I found out I was pregnant again.

This was not a planned or wanted pregnancy at all, I took precautions but sometimes life just wants to mess things up for you and as I always say... **** just happens...

I tried to have a healthier pregnancy but I failed too and once again I was huge.

On February 18 a friend of mine (who is as desperate as me to lose weight) gave me some "natural" pills that would help me control my anxiety, I took the first and WOWSA! Terrible dry mouth, sharp pain on my chest, couldnt breathe!... natual my ***! I went home for lunch that day and I decided not to take them anymore, cause I had accepted my fate, I was doomed to be a fat woman.

Then came my daughter's first day of school and we took a picture together to remember that day and what a wake up call that was! I couldnt believe I was that huge! I mean, I knew I was big but not mountain size big! I cried long and hard that day and I realized that if I didnt make any changes, I would be dead before sending my children to college.

I started that day at 246.93lb on March 5th.

Today I went to the dreaded scale and I was at 222.68lb

I feel good but not as great as I should. I notice some changes in clothes specifically, today I put on pants that I couldnt fit in at all, they wouldnt even go all the way up! and now Im wearing them at work!

I went from a pant size 24 to 20 but I know I can do lots better!

The thing is I have an excuse... TIME! I get up everyday at 6.30 am I walk to work everyday (30 mins aprox) but that's ALL the excersice of my day, I work on a desk until 18.00 I go to school to pick up my girl, and then to my mother's to pick up my son and I arrive home around 20.30. I eat something, do homework, play a little, clean the house and by 11.30 Im dead! no time whatsoever for gym! I know there are people out there that make time! Im not one of those, I just dont have that much energy and I want this so bad and feel like Im only kidding myself thinking that this way I will be 130lb. by new years' which is my goal. I did drop the soda (Ive had some relapses) and Im trying to give up bread too (which I LOVE!) that's been hard.

I wrote this post filled with pictures but I cant post them but anyway that's my story

So here I am, amazed that I was able to pull this off, it's not much but it's a start to a new life! hopefully! Thank you again and I do rant a lot so my next post will be as long as this xD

You sound like you're young--so it's not necessarily a lack of exercise--it's how many calories you're eating during the day that is beating you down.

Exercise is to keep you fit, but if you're eating more than the calories you typically burn during a day--you'll gain weight. It's pretty simple--calories in versus calories burned.

Here is a great easy BMI calculator that can help you determine where you're at--and where you need to be--along with other suggestions in diet, etc. that may help you along this journey.
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/calc-bmi-plus

It's going to be tough--it's not easy to lose weight--especially if you're addicted to food. You'll get hungry--you'll at times get discouraged--and sometimes you'll overeat. You want to make certain that you follow the guidelines much more often than you don't.

Take care--Good Luck and Welcome to this board.
  • Thank you all so much for your encouragement and comments!

I do have relapses, it's been hard but it's been the longest I've been working to lose weight. I always quit after two months or earlier because it's too hard.

I know I can't give up now, not only for health reasons, I want a better job and I have the experience but dont have the body the big companies are looking for.

In one interview that guy even told me not to waste my time applying there, I was not "the type of girl we're looking for" I know what they meant cause a week later they hired a girl I know who is dumb a rock but she's very pretty and that always happens to me, I never get hired because of how I look.

I wanna change that and I know I have to change myself first! so thank you all!!