Enough is enough

• Hi there, finally I made it and ended up here.

I'm 36, from Germany, weighing about 140 kg at the moment - lost about 6,8 throughout the last weeks - started to count calories and overall taking better care of me.
    I think that, apart from being an emotional eater was one of the main points for me to gain this weight.
    And I absolute loath it at the moment - but am positive that I will be successfull this time - because I want to change.
    I want to be me again and not that lazy unhappy person that allows others to put her down, that stays at home worrying and that misses most of the fun.
    I want to be happy again - not only because of weighing less - but because of caring and being more.

And I appreciate every help I can find here.

(sorry for all future mistakes, sometimes the language and I are on different continents. - I hope she's got the one with chocolate
  • Welcome--success spells happiness. Exercise also helps to move those happy endorphins through your brain--and gives you a real feeling of achievement after every workout.

Find something you like to do. Some people like machines--I have to work out with others, otherwise I won't. Start out slow by working out 2 to 3 times a week, then up that when you feel comfortable. This builds endurance and muscle--the ultimate fat burners--"if you're not overeating your workouts." Make it fun and you'll stick with it.

On this board you'll probably have to convert your kilograms--to pounds--because we're mostly Americans on this board, and we're lazy about converting kilograms to pounds ha.ha.. It looks like you started out at 308 pounds and have lost about 32 pounds so far?

Here is a great site--to help you determine where you're at now--and you can enter your goal weight to determine how many calories you should be eating and lots of other information to keep you going.
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/tools/calories-burned

Welcome again and good luck to you on this permanent life-style change to achieve a happier--healthy you.

• Thanx a lot for your kind answer.

Well, apart from losing weight this turns out to be a langugae and mathematical journey - but to be honest -there isn't a german forum comparable to this one.

I've done all my math, counted all my calories and carbs, it's not the first time I'm trying to lose weight - but it's the first time I just stopped trying and will do. Do actually. Started on 04/10/2014 (?) and lost the first 15lbs - and am happy enough to with that.
    Still feel too heavy to go to the gym again but started to go for walks, use all stairs (and the part of the city I live in consists mainly of those) and even got a workout DVD from a good friend.

As long as you're only lazy with converting numbers - I'm alright with that.
  • Welcome! Your English is fantastic for a non-native speaker!

I love walking and it's the only form of exercise I ever stick with. I love to walk outside both hiking in the woods and exploring the city. But to make sure I can walk regularly, I have a treadmill. I have it set up with a desk so I can browse the web while I walk... I'm on it now! Anyway, you don't have to go to the gym to lose weight. If you focus on your diet, you can lose weight.

Poke around this web site and find a forum that fits the approach you are taking and dive on in to some active threads. And again!