3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   *Shy wave* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/294994-%2Ashy-wave%2A.html)

Sydney_2009 04-20-2014 11:50 PM

*Shy wave*

Hi everyone!

I'm new here...and apparently I'm Captain Obvious! :o

Mmm...I'm not sure what to say. I've lost about 18 kilos and I'm keen to lose about 55 more, which is a daunting task!!!! I go to the gym five days a week, I swim three days per week, I go to Zumba twice per week, and I try to squeeze in two yoga classes each week as well.

Maybe I'll just jump in and get to know everyone that way! Hope nobody minds if I do!!!

Kscott 04-21-2014 01:16 AM

Welcome to the group, it sounds like you've got a great start. On this board there is about everything you will need to know about nutrition, and the speed bumps and successes others have encountered.

heybabyquepaso 04-21-2014 01:18 AM

Hi! I'm new too!

Hi Sydney :) I'm new also. I don't even know where to start but am here to get support :) It looks like you are doing well with exercise! Go you!

Sydney_2009 04-21-2014 01:44 AM

Thank you for the welcome!

I thought of some other things I should have said (I'm bad at introductions!). I'm 33, I've been with my partner since 2009 (he's called Peter and he teaches year 5) and we have an adorable 4 year old boy who is the light of our lives! He's funny, and smart, and beautiful, and he has Down syndrome, and he is the best thing that ever happened to us! I have four sisters (I am the youngest) and I am deaf. I would give my left arm (I'm a leftie) for any kind of carb-laden food, and I really wish I had artistic talent but I do not. I teach year 1 at a school for the deaf. I love it :) My sisters are my best friends, and I love to travel!

heybabyquepaso 04-21-2014 02:24 AM

Ha! I'd probably give my right arm! Well, we aren't so different- I'm 32 and have a 3 year old! Here's to getting support and making changes!

Pattience 04-21-2014 03:23 AM

I can only say I love watching people do sign language.

And welcome. I used to live in Sydney. The inner west. Its a great city to visit but too big for me now.

I also try to exercise my artistic talent usually in vain. But i do it anyway.

Carbs are not bad, just refined carbs unless you can do them in moderation which seems few of us here can. I've quit refined sugar foods. Nothing will induce me to give up fruit.

Just a little tip you may find useful here. Most people here do not understand kilograms and certainly not kilojoules so we have to adjust and talk mostly in terms of pounds if we want to be understood. I use online calculators.

Sydney_2009 04-21-2014 01:54 PM

Inner West is best! I used to live in Marrickville area.

Refined carbs are my favourite carbs!

I'll have to use online calculators as I certainly don't speak Imperial! Good tip!

Stars0245 04-21-2014 04:20 PM

Welcome! I am new here too. Trying to find my way around :)