Newbie starting Atkins Phase 1...pray for me y'all

• I have lost a little over 20 lbs in about 6 months using WW. Yay for my waistline! We are having a biggest loser challenge at work...I work for happy but chubby group of psychiatrists and psychotherapists. I am a very competitive girl and I want to win. Not just the contest, but my health and my waistline. I heard the first few days of Atkins can be intense but I believe I am prepared as my home and office only have phase 1 approved foods. However, I will need the support of people who have been successful at Atkins to encourage me when I need it.
  • Welcome! Yes, you will succeed if you follow the Atkin's phase 1 plan and come here often for the encouragement and motivation that will help you in reaching your weight loss success. In 2005-06, I lost 86 lbs in 9 months using the same plan. I also drank 1/2 of my body weight in water daily up to 100 ounces maximum. Also, find some type of exercise you enjoy and stick with it, and you will definitely win that work challenge. I can't wait to follow your progress!
  • Welcome! Come and join us in the Atkin's forum. We have various challenges and it is a great place to get advice from folks who have lost a lot of weight on Atkins.