I've given myself 6 months...

• ...to change my life.

Hey everyone, newbie here, you can call me T. I'm a fluffy gal, pushing the scales at 260 and just under 30 years old. I've always been heavy, I have a love hate relationship with food like many of you. My step mom put me on my first cabbage soup diet at 11 because she didn't want a "fat" kid. I have a medical condition that restricts my physical activity, best way to describe the condition is my muscles weaken at a rapid rate ( I'm generally as strong as someone in their 60's). I have been guilty as using my condition as an excuse. My husband has opened my eyes to so many new foods and is the cook in our family. He always has been very supportive.

I have set out to make a change in my life, for myself, my son and for my husband. I'm going to start slow, making small changes until all those small changes make 1 big change. I will never be the skinny girl, and I'm ok with that, I just want to be the healthy girl.

Look forward to getting to know many of you!!
    T.
  • T with your efforts!!
  • Good luck!!
  • Hi and Welcome. Shame on your step mother. That cabbage diet is brutal, I made up a week's worth of that disgusting crap and made it thru one spoonful. This was about 16 years ago! I wasn't 11 at the time though! Yuck. Just thinking about that one spoonful makes me shiver. I love the expression fluffy. I have always called myself chubby, it seemed kinder than fat. You are in a good place for support! I look forward to getting to know you!