Hi Hi!

• Hi Everyone -

I am long time lurker here and finally got brave enough to post.

I am newly diagnosed with PCOS and have been put on Metformin and BCP. The Met side effects are bad for me - I was on Jenny Craig when I first started the medication, but had to stop as the mere scent of their food started to make me feel sick. I've lost some weight so far, but am not sure what to eat anymore. I find that the meds have definitely changed my eating habits - I am not as hungry anymore and the size of the portions I can eat have grown much smaller as well. Anyone have any PCOS friendly diet recommendations?

Thank you - and thank you for this site. I would have been lost without it.
  • Quote: Hi Everyone -

I am long time lurker here and finally got brave enough to post.

I am newly diagnosed with PCOS and have been put on Metformin and BCP. The Met side effects are bad for me - I was on Jenny Craig when I first started the medication, but had to stop as the mere scent of their food started to make me feel sick. I've lost some weight so far, but am not sure what to eat anymore. I find that the meds have definitely changed my eating habits - I am not as hungry anymore and the size of the portions I can eat have grown much smaller as well. Anyone have any PCOS friendly diet recommendations?

Thank you - and thank you for this site. I would have been lost without it.

Welcome! I think there is a thread for those who suffer with PCOS. I am on Metformin and the side effects went away for me fairly quickly. I am on the lowest does twice a day and so is hubby. I am sorry I cannot help with your diet but check around the threads. Wishing you the best.