3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Same Story, Different Day (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/293889-same-story-different-day.html)

MamaLu 03-18-2014 11:48 AM

Same Story, Different Day

Hi! I'm completely new to this forum and excited to get started again.

Back in 2003-2004 I lost 85 lbs and got to my goal weight (for about 2 days). :D I give a lot of the credit for achieving my goal to being a member of a great weight loss forum. Fast forward all these years and I now am heavier than ever and ready to do it again. Sadly, my original forum no longer exists. I hope to find in this forum the same support, friendship and fun that I had in the other, with the added bonus of losing a little weight. 3FC is a little bigger than my previous forum and I'm a little overwhelmed with all the different groups and threads, so please bear with me as I learn to navigate my way around the new place. If I look lost, please point me in the right direction!!

~Amy~

Velvet bean 03-18-2014 04:31 PM

Welcome, MamaLu! :)
This forum has helped me a lot, hope it'll do the same for you!

Liliann 03-18-2014 04:57 PM

:welcome: :wave: Good luck with your efforts!!

CooCooCaChoo 03-18-2014 06:08 PM

Welcome! I am new too. It is a little overwhelming but there is a ton of knowledge here! Good luck in your journey!

xRiotGirl 03-18-2014 08:23 PM

Welcome! I think you're gonna love it here :D

MamaLu 03-19-2014 12:18 PM

Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to getting to know everyone!

MamaLu 03-19-2014 12:53 PM

So I've been browsing some threads...I just don't know where to jump in.

I am 46 years old, have a little over 100 lbs to lose. I've seen the 40-somethings thread and the 100+ to lose thread. However, I like people of all ages and sizes. :)

Next Tuesday, I will have been married to the same guy for 25 years. We have 4 children, the oldest has just graduated from college and is looking for a 'big boy' job and the youngest is a freshman in college. I work with developmentally disabled adults and absolutely love my job, 99.5% of the time! I have to love the job because I'd be silly to work for such a small amount of money if I didn't!

I'm born and raised in the great state of Indiana...but after this winter I am willing to look at other locales! I am a beach girl through and through, so God was definitely showing his sense of humor by placing me in the Midwest!

Let's see...I'm more of a dog person that a cat person. My favorite color is purple. Football is my favorite sport...love my Indianapolis Colts! I speak sarcasm fluently and love to have fun.

So there you have me in a nutshell. Do you have any recommendations for a thread or two or three for this fat chick to join? :crossed:

CooCooCaChoo 03-20-2014 01:42 PM

I am trying to find a spot to fit in as well. I like the weight loss support forum, but don't really think that is a home. Hopefully you'll get some good guidance!

MamaLu 03-21-2014 03:27 PM

Thanks, CooCooCaChoo! I hope you find a thread or two. I liked the weight loss support forum too, but I've been hanging out in the Weight Watchers forums the most. I haven't posted much yet...have been super busy at work this week and still a little gun-shy. I see we have similar starting weights. It seems a daunting task doesn't it? Are you following a specific program or doing your own thing?

~Amy~