Allow me to introduce myself...

• I'm LadyBleu and I am so glad I found this forum. I am getting back on the health train after having partially torn my Achilles tendon. I am all healed up but my eating has taken a serious dive.

I realize that I need some support and to be around--even virtually, people who are also working off the weight they no longer need. I want to lose weight for a couple reasons. 1.) I don't want to have to take medications to lower cholesterol or blood pressure. My doctor hasn't threatened me with this but I know that can happen when the weight piles on. 2.) I am going to cut off my locs, after seven years to try a new natural style and my face is going to be front and center. Having short hair is already going to be a test of my self-confidence and I don't want my hair and my weight stressing me out. In total, I want to drop 18 pounds but in the short term, I am looking to drop 3 pounds so I can be under 222.

So, that's why I'm here and I'm happy to be here.
  • Hi Lady Bleu,

I'm Amy, it's nice to meet you and have you here!

I hear you about foot issues, I am having ankle surgery in a little over a week. I hope that you have a good doctor, take care.

That's cool about you getting a new hairstyle, I like to change mine sometimes too.

Take care, take it easy.
  • Ahhh....my hair is also a "safety". I would love to have a short sassy haircut. But i,m not quite there yet
  • Hi LadyBleu! Glad to have you! You'll find lots of support here, so browse around and jump right in. Good luck! You can do it!
  • Ha. I'm getting my hair cut next week and am worried already.
    I'm so glad you said that, thanks. I thought it was just me.