Not A New Member, But A New Me

• I've been a member of 3FC since March 2010. When I began I weighed 250 lbs which was my heaviest ever.. At that time. I came home from a long trip with my mother to find I had gained 10 pounds in one month and had an epiphany. That was when I decided I needed to do what I had wanted to do since the age of 9. For a while I did. By February 2011 I weighed 160lbs and was the most healthy/active I had been in probably my entire life. I was proud of myself but I still saw the 250lb me when I looked in the mirror. My self image was not what it should have been at all. By this time I felt like I could conquer anything and went after an opportunity I thought I had wanted my entire life. As it turns out, it was too good to be true and I felt like a complete failure. I rapidly fell into a depression and managed to pack on 135 from August 2011-now. I succeeded in other things for a year but eventually it all hit me and I hit bottom. I'm happy to say that though I am not completely happy with where I am in life at this moment, I have come to some realizations about myself and feel the same level of motivation I felt before to lose weight. But this time it is for me.

I've been with the same man for nearly 5 years and he has stood by me through all the bad, good and the ugly and there is nothing I want more than to spend the rest of my life with him. I want to be his beautiful bride and the healthy mother of his children.. And I want to give him the golden years. If I continue treating my body the way I have, who knows where I will be 30 years from now. I want to give him everything I can, and I also don't want to cause my suffering later down the road. I feel so much more sure of who I am.. Maybe not what I should be doing but definitely who I am. So lady's, I'm introducing myself as a newfound Avery
  • Welcome!

We're the same height and starting weight, you can do it again!
  • Congratulations on getting back on the wagon
    I know you'll do well - and you know you can do it, because you've done it before.
  • You'll be able to do it, because you're motivated and you're doing it for the right reasons! Best of luck!
  • Hi Avery! BACK! It's fantastic that you have not given up on yourself, because your health is the most important thing! You've done it before, you know what it takes, and you can do it again! You know you'll get lots of support here, so get involved! Good luck!
  • Welcome back!! You sound like you are ready to do this and you're doing it for great reasons. Good Luck!
  • you've done it before, you can do it again just believe in yourself Welcome to to 3FC
  • Welcome back! We joined at the exact same time. Hard to believe it's been that long, so much has happened in my life since then and clearly a whole lot has happened in yours! You are ready to do this.
  • Thank you all of you I love this site! It was my lifeline before will be now good luck to all of you as well!!