New Kid on the Block

• Hi, I'm very new here, just poking around and seeing what this is all about.

A little bit about me, I am 24 (going on 25 very soon), no kiddos, and I have hit the lowest point in my struggle with my weight.

I never wanted to admit I needed help or that I even had a problem to ANY ONE. In my head, I don't want to acknowledge it. You just push it back further and further until you don't believe you don't have a gut or huge thighs. And I was living everyday of my life this way until about a week ago.

As I am typing this my jaw is literally clenched and causing me a huge headache....thats how bad it is. I do not like my body right now.

Looking for gals going through similar struggles, to know i'm not alone here
  • Welcome to the Club
    I'm new to this website also, but from what I've read so far, there is a lot of support here. My favorite part is just knowing there are other people out there who are going through the same challenge I am and they are making progress. It gives me confidence and encouragement to make the necessary changes in my life. You've found a great place of care and support. I wish you all the best in your journey. You're making the right decision for your life!
  • sweetmoe

The choice to come here to 3FC is one that I'm sure will be one that you will never regret as these folks are so supportive and UNDERSTANDING on the battle for our lives we are on now (health and weight). What you go thru, we go thru and even certain aspects of your journey that I might not have experienced, I believe someone else already has and yes, you'll find them.

You find find folks here trying to lose 20#- and some who have lost over 200# thru the years, and each of their stories are amazing and empowering to read.

Enjoy your stay, and post away!
    MrsKevin
    PS- I'm new here too- only since 9/3/13, but as you see from my posting number, I'm not shy to speak up and post

------------------
    Long Term Goal: 82# to lose
    My Mini Goals:
    Under 200#

• Just about everyone here has had or is having a similar struggle. There is strength in numbers...you'll get the support you are looking for here and in turn, find that you support others as well.
  • I'm sorry you are going through a hard time, you are definately not alone. As of last week I had reached the heaviest I had ever been and defiantely amde me feel bad about myself. You have come to the right place though as there is a lot of great advice and support here