Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Default Life Changes

Hello!

I was looking for a place to get some support from people who are walking through the same stages in life, and I stumbled upon this site. So far it has been really encouraging to read that it is possible, and can be fun to get your health under control.

A number of years back while I was in high school I weighed in for the first time (in a long time) and was shocked to see at 16 I was 255. I knew I was overweight, but I hadn't realized how far I'd gone. I made life changes and started eating a whole-food diet, started exercising, and lost about 75 pounds in 7 months. I plateaued near the end at about 175-180 and got upset that I was no longer losing, so I started starving myself and vomiting. As a result of this I got weak and started to sleep a lot, and that was when my mom stepped in once she realized what was happening. I started eating normally again (not quite all whole-foods) and fast forward almost 8 years of progressively falling back into old habits, I now weigh 293 pounds.

At my highest, I was 313 (which unfortunately was around the time I got married) - not unfortunate that I got married, but that I was not happy with my weight when I did. That was a year ago and I have since started eating a more reasonable diet (cutting out sweets and processed foods) and lost about 12 pounds in the last two weeks. I visited my doctor a few weeks back, which instigated me getting in the right mindset. When she told me that at my current state of health I would not be likely to have a healthy pregnancy, I knew it was finally time. I'm starting to get back into light exercise and I feel much better. For me, this change is for myself and no one else - I just want to be healthy. I know that with prayer and support I can do this!
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/142

Height: 5'2"

JulesMarion!!

Think of the group here as friends who have gone thru what you are going thru, or have gone thru it already with helpful tips for you. One thing we all have in common is our weight and health issues. Supportive only begins to describe what the folks have been like here for me, and I've only been here about a WEEK!

MrsKevin
MrsKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #3  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

You are not alone! Wecome!
I had the same issue growing up, I think I weighed about the same as a 16 year old. I didnt gain a freshman 15 in college,i actually lost 30 lbs my first year in college, and was doing well,(even weighing 300 lbs) and then I had a major medical emergency in January, and almost died, and it was partly due to my eating habits, and I ballooned up from 285lbs to 336 lbs (my highest weight I have been ever), and so I decided I was tired of it, and I am starting the Ideal Protein route...
I wish you the best of luck! Maybe we can keep in touch and be motivators! I know you can find support on here, and prayers as well!
Deana509 is offline   Reply With Quote