3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   One Last Shot (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/287213-one-last-shot.html)

Keywis25 09-05-2013 05:41 PM

One Last Shot

Ok so here I am going to embark on a weightloss journey one more time. I am 33 and stand at 5'2 and weigh 237 pounds. I have tried several times to loose the weight with little success. recently I found out my A1C number were boarderline diabetes and that my vitiam D is non exsistant. I have known for a long time that I have PCOS but the doctors I have seen care little about it. I left a 12 year abusive marraige and have struggled the past year with the fall out from that. I am depressed and have anxiety through the roof. I can barely walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded.

So what is my game plan, well I have signed up for a healthy lifestyle program through my doctors office. The doctor supervises it and keeps track of your medical needs, there is a nutritionist who takes you through an elemination diet and then helps design a livable eating plan, there is a personal trainer that I meet with twice a week and the cherry on top is the once a month massage that comes with the plan.

It is a 12 week program with support afterwards to keep you on track. I am hoping it is the support I need to get me going and to a healthier point. I want to feel like I have energy and that I want to do things. So here I am to talk to others on the path and give it another go.

Mrs Snark 09-05-2013 05:46 PM

Welcome Keywis! It sounds like you have a fantastic plan all lined up, just wonderful! You can do this -- and you get more shots if you need them!

Look forward to reading about your successes!

mzshaunna 09-05-2013 08:22 PM

Welcome to the forums and good luck with your journey :)

Jacqui_D 09-05-2013 10:08 PM

Hi Keywis! :welcome: Excellent plan of attack! You can do this! You have your immediate health at stake, so it's more important now than ever! You'll find lots of support here. Good luck!

Keywis25 09-06-2013 11:25 AM

Thank you all for the welcome. One of my biggest fears is that with all the support of the program I might fail. I have not told the people close to me I am doing it because they have seen me try and fail one too many times I think. So I may be relying on this forum for support and I see in many threads there is such good support and advice here.

Mrs Snark 09-06-2013 11:32 AM

Keywis -- you can't fail if you don't stop trying. We all slip up and have a bad meal, or a terrible day, or a really horrible month, or sometimes even a bloody AWFUL 3 years (*points at self*). No matter what, COME BACK and DON'T QUIT.

That is the key, don't quit. Prepare yourself for making mistakes, it is ok to make them, just don't stop trying! :)

Keywis25 09-06-2013 12:14 PM

Thanks Mrs Snark, I guess I need to remember it is a journey and that even the best laid journeys have detours on them. I am determined to keep going and trying for myself as I need to turn things around for me.