Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #1  

Unhappy Help Me Please!!! No Motavation!!!!

I am a 37 years of age, A black woman Single Parent. I am 276 pounds 130 over weight AND I AM MISERBLE!!!! Apron belly that lays on my lap and cannot see my feet and all the other issues of being this way involved... AND yes Life is in the way. I had a hysterectomy in October of this year Issues with fibroids which made me look 8mos pregnant I thought it would have brought my stomach down some OH NO its still here. I want my body back!!!! I need.... MOTIVTION INFORMATIN & GUIDENCE!!!
DRIVEN130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:40 AM   #2  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Driven:

I want to start by giving you a big hug and welcoming you to 3FCs!

I am also looking to lose 130 lbs. and I have also had problems with motivation.

Based on your medical history, I was wondering if you have been back to see your doctor recently. You may want to make sure there is nothing medically wrong.

It also sounds like you are overwhelmed by life, so the idea of losing a lot of weight feels even more overwhelming. That is my experience anyway. I am learning to be gentle with myself, get plenty of rest and to break down goals into small increments.
Instead of telling yourself that you need to lose 130 lbs., just tell yourself that you need to lose 5 lbs. or that you will eat healthy for one day.

Read some of the posts on this website. People talk about their struggles and successes. You will probably relate to a lot of people here.

We are all here for you! Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

Last edited by doingmybest; 09-04-2013 at 01:45 AM.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #3  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! I am glad that you found us here. This is the best place to find support and motivation I have ever been a part of. 130 lbs does sound overwhelming so why don't you set mini goals of 5 or 10 lbs each. Look around and you will see how others do it. One lady is losing 100 lbs in a relatively short period of time. She had the motto that she couldn't lose 100 lbs but she can lose 5 lbs 20 times. It doesn't matter how we do the math, that is still a 100 lb loss. You will slip and fall, but pick yourself right back up and start again. As far as exercise goes, you will feel better is you start moving some and then start getting outside and getting some fresh air. Due to back injuries, I started with chair exercises called Sittercise. When you master that, start getting outside and taking small walks that lead to longer walks that lead to mile walks and so on and so on until one day, you will look in the mirror and say, WOW! Where did all of me go! You would have left it behind on those walks. LOL. As a single mother, I know that money may be tight. If so, shop circulars for fresh fruits and veggies on sale and chicken, tuna etc when they are on sale and buy up extra and put in your freezer section. If you have a dollar store where you live, maybe start trying some different spices and herbs or better yet, get a pot, get some seed and grow your own inside your kitchen window. I would recommend a rosemary plant also. If you would like one, private message me your address and I will put you a rooted piece in the mail to get you started. Best of wishes to you and know that I am here to cheer you on.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/142

Height: 5'2"

Trust me, you have found a very supportive group of folks here at 3FC!
MrsKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Driven! It's really good to have you here! You'll find lots of support here. Have you decided what kind of weight loss plan you are going to follow? There are lots of different threads that cover pretty much all of them--calorie counting, packaged meal systems, carb counters, Weight Watchers, etc.--under the Diet Central section, so be sure to check that out. Also, like the others mentioned, breaking your weight loss down into mini-goals is a great idea. I'm involved in a monthly weight loss challenge (in the sub-forum "Chicks Up for a Challenge" under Support Groups) in which we state a reasonable monthly goal we'd like to reach each month. That makes weight loss so much more manageable to tackle, and there are so many supportive people there! Feel free to join us! The September Challenge just started up and there is no deadline to join: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge.html. Or there are lots of other challenges in that sub-forum that might be of interest to you. Good luck! I know it seems overwhelming right now, but you can do this, and next year at this time, you are going to be so happy!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote