3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Wake-up Call - No longer in denial (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/286358-wake-up-call-no-longer-denial.html)

shedding4thewedding 08-17-2013 03:44 AM

Wake-up Call - No longer in denial

Hey Guys-

So about 6 years ago, I was at my heaviest. 321. I had PCOS & insulin resistance. My hormones were all out of whack. I was a mess.

I met a great endo and she helped me lose 100lbs! I took a little over a year.

I kept it off for a few years after college - but then I started grad school. And since entering grad school - I have put on a LOT of weight. I mean a LOT. Going into my final year of grad school and full time internship last September, I was at 290lbs. I've been feeling really bad - I know I've gained weight. I'm getting married in about a year, and I really wanted to drop down to at least 220 (where I felt GREAT and looked awesome).

So for the last week I've been low-carbing it. I never got on the scale, so I figured I'd get on now so I could have a starting point. HOLY CRAPOLA. I weigh 348lbs, the most I have ever weighed in my entire life.

I've been putting off the exercising - but I really can't any longer. If it wasn't dark out- I'd go right now. I can't believe I let it get this bad.

I weigh 100lbs more than my fiance -I used to weigh less than him!! Ugh I've gotta get back on track. I know this includes going back to the doctor - I haven't had health insurance and I've been off of Metformin for a year. I'm sure that didn't help.

Anyway - I guess that's my intro. I'm here and I'm ready for a change. I know my username is shedding4thewedding - and while that's true - I just really need to lose weight for myself and get my life back.

Wish me luck!

nationalparker 08-17-2013 08:10 AM

Best of luck! My only suggestion is that you not try to overhaul every single thing at once. Don't kick butt with the exercising; you'll burn out if you weren't a steady exerciser before. Over and over on this site I hear weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise. I'm sure there are others for whom this is different, especially as folks near their goal weight. But pack smart snacks for while you're on the go ... add in as many veggies as you can - they'll take up space of other less-healthy food. Really think about the nutritional content of food that you're putting in your body - sometimes that's enough to make you go ugh - not that - it's all chemicals or something. Don't get discouraged.

I'm in a Beck thread (and we attempt to follow the Beck Diet Solution - it's not a diet, but a way of cognitive thinking that works with whatever diet you choose, but of course you have to work it/work on it)... if you think that would help you, join us over there. I stumbled upon it and love the principles and they work for me WHEN I work on it. when I slide thru each day, nothing is changing, so I'm facing a wake up call myself.

Best of luck. You so can do this; it won't be easy, but with the support of another good doctor and your loving fiancé, you are in good company to make healthy changes and remove weight.

belovedspirit 08-17-2013 09:22 AM

:welcome:! Best of luck with your journey!!! :)

Only Believe 08-17-2013 09:32 AM

:welcome2:

Monkeyruler164 08-17-2013 04:45 PM

:welcome3: Good luck! The hardest part for me was stepping on the scale and seeing the number. Just know that even if there are some setbacks, you can do this. Don't punish yourself! (I had to work on that) Just keep motivated and realize the amazing thing you're working for and at!

Jacqui_D 08-18-2013 06:32 PM

Welcome! Good to have you here! I know you are shocked and discouraged by your new high weight, but you know what it takes to get it back down and you have a year or so before your wedding, so just take it one day at a time. You can do it! Good luck!