3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Back in the saddle again! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/286232-back-saddle-again.html)

tommysgirl18 08-13-2013 10:59 PM

Back in the saddle again!

Well, I am back in the saddle again......

I used to post on here before, but then times got rocky and life got interrupted and in return the scale started to climb up and up.

Now, things have gotten a lot calmer and so I am hoping that the scale will now start to reflect that!

My highest weight ever was 285 pounds and I had just had my oldest son, just over 9 years ago. I have since had two more children since then, and so my weight has been a yo-yo for better words. BUT now I am going to cut ALL strings with that yo-yo and see a steady downward motion!

I have lost my motivation and for lack of a better word(s)....have had the air let out of my balloon a lot lately, and so it is time for me to stand up, dust myself off, and get this show on the road!

Jacqui_D 08-14-2013 01:16 PM

Welcome back, Tommysgirl! I recently came back after a long hiatus, so I know exactly how you feel! This is a great place to be, and you WILL start that downward trend again! Good luck!

Mozzy 08-14-2013 01:31 PM

Welcome back and good luck on your journey!!

Sassy_Chick 08-14-2013 03:15 PM

Hi and WB, Mindee! :hug:

I came back too since you did. Figured it doesn't hurt to have more support! We CAN do this! ;)

Ok on a separate and weird note. anybody creeped out by the buff OLD guy in the ad that shows up to the right??? I know they are random but sure that you members that are on here more often know what I'm talking about. lol. :rofl:

suetalks 08-14-2013 07:21 PM

Welcome back....You can do this.

tommysgirl18 08-14-2013 09:46 PM

thanks for the welcome back ladies!

I have been more selective about what I eat since it seems like more things are giving me heartburn or indigestion lately. So, I am hoping that this is my body's way of getting all the bad foods out of my system!

mccull83 08-15-2013 11:12 AM

Welcome!! My highest was 263.5pounds and I don't even have kids :(
I don't know about you, but I'm so glad I started this journey before the holidays hit! We can all do this together!!

tommysgirl18 08-16-2013 01:54 AM

I agree with you! I didn't want to wait until the "holiday slump" as I like to call it. I want to be in more pictures this year, without hiding behind anybody or anything!

And thanks for the welcome! We CAN do this!

tommysgirl18 08-16-2013 02:01 AM

I am re-enforcing my "rules for mommy" that my hubby and kids are holding me to! And plus it helps that pretty much everything I eat or drink now seems to give me heartburn and/or indigestion!

mccull83 08-16-2013 11:06 AM

Glad to hear you have support at home!

belovedspirit 08-16-2013 11:29 PM

Good for you! :) You can definitely do this! :)

tommysgirl18 08-18-2013 12:09 AM

thanks ladies!

As I type this, it is now after midnight, so my birthday is officially over an so I am counting yesterday as my "ah-ha" moment and I am going to give myself a Chris Powell one year transformation at home! I am going to push myself past my boundaries and I will succeed at this adventure!

So, I will step out of my comfort zone and I will try new things! I have been wanting to start running and so I will mix that into my routine. I want to push myself to prove to myself that I can accomplish anything that I put my mind to!

I want to be an example to my kids to show them that you can go from eating junk and drinking pop......to wanting to be a healthier person!

Rytre 08-18-2013 10:26 AM

Welcome, tommysgirl18. I'm new - just one week in - but with the help of my daughter who is a super athlete and very conscious of everything that has to do with health and fitness, I've been able to make progress in my weight loss goal this week. She's buying the groceries and preparing some of the food and I now believe that healthy can taste better than unhealthy. That's a BIG leap for me.

I will be glad to lend an ear anytime you need one:hug:

tommysgirl18 08-18-2013 11:21 PM

Welcome Rytre! My hubby is a chef, and so I got to read some of his books from school, and he has taught me some things. It is definitely an eye opener when you see first hand that you can make your unhealthy food choices, in a healthier way and they still taste good!

Jacqui_D 08-19-2013 09:04 AM

Happy Belated Birthday, Tommysgirl! What a wonderful gift you've given yourself!