Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #1  
N00B

Cool delete

delete

Last edited by Katzepatra; 10-07-2022 at 02:12 PM. Reason: deleting
Katzepatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #2  
Hobbit-lass

Height: 5'2"

Hi there, and welcome!

I remember hovering over rock bottom. I was up late unable to sleep, and I thought to myself - you know, I really HAVE put on some weight. Tomorrow I need to do something about it. But you know how it is when you make plans when you're tired, right? I woke up eventually and thought... n'ah. I don't think I have it in me. I'll have cake for breakfast and forget all about it. It hit me after I'd eaten that though, and I hurried upstairs to where the scale is kept and (even knowing I'd eaten that day already), I stepped on... and it was way worse than I'd thought it would be. Boom! Everything just crashed down on me. My boyfriend loves me no matter what, and like you say, that's lovely -- but I decided, then and there, this was something I had to do for MYSELF.

And it's been okay so far. My starting weight was much more than yours and I have been losing steadily so far, though I'm sure as I lose more it will become more difficult. And I only finally measured my measurable bits at the start of August and I won't measure again until the start of September. But 2 inches seem substantial so maybe the inches are speaking louder than pounds? Maybe if you feel like you're plateauing already, search for an article to try and break that? Whatever it is, I wish you good luck! You're working hard already so don't give in and I'm sure you'll manage to lose more.

/attempt at being inspirational

Again, welcome
fairandfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #3  

I'm from across the river in Jersey.

I know that slow moving scales are absolutely annoying but! you already recognize that your body is changing. The scale will move eventually, if you're doing the right things it will go down---just not as fast as you or I would like. :-)

Keep up the good work!!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Katz! Welcome! Some threads here are more active than others, but just browse around and jump right in! Be sure to check out "Chicks Up for a Challenge" under Support Groups. It has a lot of threads to help keep you accountable and motivated. You are off to a great start, so don't be discouraged. Also, you will meet lots of people here to help you along and you'll be able to help others too. Good to have you!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/161/130

Height: 5'1"

Welcome! I'm new too. I feel the same way about sparkpeople. It's not really set up to be a good communication platform in my opinion.

Already I feel like I've gotten a from 3FC!
EllieFunt is offline   Reply With Quote