Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #1  
Nothing is impossible

S/C/G: 296/Ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Talking Introducing ME!!!

Hey all!!! My name is Amanda and I am a 30 year old wife and mother of two. I work full time overnights and am also going to school part time for now. That will switch around in January! Brand new to this forum and I'm super excited about it. I started this leg of my weight loss journey mid-March and have so far lost 50.5 lbs! I am very proud of myself. I have done SEVERAL different "diets" with the longest one last for one month and 20# down. As with every other one though I gained that all back plus a couple 40# This time around though its serious. My hubby of almost 11 years was diagnosed in March with diabetes. Its for real this time! My family is super supportive and I have a friend here that is doing this with me but I feel you can never have to many buddies. I have been using Weight Watchers until now but recently got a Fitbit Flex and am using that now (no monthly payment) Sorry for the long post but had to get it all out there Thanks for listening and I'm looking forward to getting to know and get skinny with y'all!
SouthernBell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #2  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Amanda! Working nights and dealing with normal daily life can make "healthy life styles" harder to follow (at least for me it does) so good for you for losing so much and sticking with it!
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #3  
Hobbit-lass

Height: 5'2"

Wow, congratulations on your weight loss so far! It's good that you feel so proud of your accomplishment so far, I know I'd feel the same! My father was diagnosed with diabetes a couple years back but I only started my weight loss journey at the start of July, I took my time finding motivation I guess but I'm certainly happy to have found it now. Other than that... Welcome!
fairandfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Hi Amanda! You supermom, you! You have so much going on and look at you losing big pounds for life! Wonderful! Keep it up!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #5  
Nothing is impossible

Thanks guys for the welcome. Im a bit worried since I have noticed that I am slipping more often then in the first few months. I just canceled my WW subscription and am doing Fitbit tracking. I really want to keep at it and am trying my darndest
Old 08-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #6  

Amanda, check out the sub-forum "Chicks Up for a Challenge" under Support Groups. The threads there require accountability and they are great for helping us stay on plan. I am active in the monthly weight loss and exercise challenges. The August challenges have already started but check them out and jump right in if you want to! There are also lots of other challenges you might prefer to help you along. So you keep going, girlie! You are doing great!
Old 08-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #7  
Nothing is impossible

I most definitely will! Thank you
Old 08-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

Default Introducing Me!

I am Joanne, a 69 year old widow... I've been a yo-yo dieter all my life. My lowest adult weight was 163 when I first got married at 18. I "ballooned" to a whopping 356 in 1991 and that was IT! I started dieting and walking and lost 93 lbs. in approximately 18 months. Just me and God and lots of inspiration from family & friends. Then in 1990 I lost my 1st husband of 37 years and did continue to lose more, down to 225 lbs. Wow! It was amazing, but I remarried 6 years later and found out too late that he was verbally abusive. I got back to 290 lbs, and lost him in 2005. Whew! This is a Roller Coaster ride. I then started dieting again and lost 73 lbs, getting down to about 230 again. I got a boyfriend and was holding my own on weight and we broke up 5 months later. I hope I'm not boring any who are still with me at this point... So sorry! I have since gained back up to 290 lbs... and it's all I can do to look at myself in the mirror. I now have a new boyfriend, who is BTW 120 lbs. soaking wet... We are quite a pair. But now, I'm having such a hard time getting back on track. I KNOW I CAN DO IT AS I'VE DID IT BEFORE! But now I'm older... and should be wiser, but I can't seem to get a grip on my eating habits. I am an EMOTIONAL EATER! There... I said it... the BIG E.E.! A bad combination for anyone... I saw this site and I'm starting again, hopefully. I know I can do it, I know I can do it... I just have to keep telling myself this. I hope those of you who pray, will pray for those trying to lose. Skinny people DO NOT KNOW how hard it is to diet or lose weight. I hope to help some here and therefore help myself as well. God bless you all... ♥
mawma7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #9  

Hi Mawma7! Many of us here are emotional eaters, so we understand. But yes, you've done it before and you can do it again! You can! You took a great step in the right direction by joining us. Now, instead of eating to find comfort, you can log on here and find some support to get through it. So now, take a look around, find some threads you like (some are more active than others), and jump right in! Good luck!