3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Howdy (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/282682-howdy.html)

kayden 05-31-2013 04:19 PM

Howdy

I just registered the other day and am currently getting orientated with this forum.

I'm 36, no kids, currently hovering around the 246 mark on a 5'5 frame. When I was in high school I was an athlete so I was trim but with my frame if I was about 130lbs I would look sickly for some reason. I should be around a size 12, but I am more like a size 20 right now.

Most of my weight is in my thighs and hips/butt. I've been overweight for quite a while now - about 15 years (on/off) and I am fed up. In 2005 I actually got my weight down to 160 by working out and playing lacrosse/hockey. I gained it all back after I started having chest pain at the gym one day (stopped my workouts as I hard to start seeing a cardiologist which is not a problem anymore) and I went back to my sedentary lifestyle.

I can self identify my issues easily - I LOVE sugar and I am sedentary, but I am finding it very difficult to lose weight now that I am trying to fix those two things. I went to the doctor for a physical a few weeks ago and it was a wake up call because I am HEALTHY in all aspects except for my weight. Why am I doing this to a healthy person?

The good thing is, I don't over eat at all, however I eat junk. I love my vegetables, but I dislike cooking so I end up eating pre-packaged food. I work at a semi-stressful non desk job full time, and I go to university 1 day a week so I am busy.

The other day I went a bought (yes bought) a rowing machine, and last fall I bought a new bicycle because I love biking. I also have dance video games that I have got to playing again. My boyfriend and parents/sibling are all overweight so it is hard for me to get support through them.

Sorry this is so long, any suggestions on where to go next? I don't have a lot of dispensible money since I own a home, but I am committed to try and lose about 75bs, maybe more. :smug:

Rhiko 06-01-2013 12:27 PM

:wel3fc:

I think that getting support from your family is excellent in that you could try and encourage them to start the journey with you! :) (If they want to.)

It seems to me that you have the knowledge to see yourself get back to a healthy weight. My only suggestion would be to find exercise plans for your rowing machine and your bike riding to how you can incorporate your video game into it --if you want to use all three. As long as you are staying active 3-5 times a week and eating healthy, you should be fine. I don't really believe in going to the gym and I don't, and I've lost 22lbs so far this year by walking and jogging and eating better.
I live a sedentary lifestyle where my only movement is walking to uni and back (which is rare now it's exam/final assignment time) and my 'every second day' exercise (again, which is rare). I've still kept sugar in my diet, however, I choose the sugar-free stuff, such as ice cream and drinking chocolate, BUT I have them maybe once a week and only within my calorie range.

Hope this helps. Sorry if it's a bit long lol :goodluck:

Mozzy 06-01-2013 03:49 PM

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!

ander 06-01-2013 08:43 PM

Welcome!! It seems that you are on your way and ready to make some changes!

kayden 06-03-2013 02:22 AM

Thanks for your support!